New York-Long Island

Paradise Bridals?

Anyone order from there?I'm going dress shopping on Sunday and considering ordering my dress then! Any reviews would be much appreciated! TIA!

Re: Paradise Bridals?

• edited December 2011
    I DO NOT reccommend them! I had a terrible experience there with several very rude employees who were nasty and not helpful in my shopping experience.  I was snapped at infront of several other customers because I asked for a slip to try my dresses on with ("you're supposed to bring your own, we don't do that here").  In the dressing room, there were several ALREADY PURCHASED wedding gowns- that belonged to brides somewhere- hanging up and probably touched and tried on by shoppers.  My BM and I wound up leaving my items in the dressing room and walking out after being ignored for over 20 minutes, waiting for some clips to fit the dress I was attempting to try on.
  • t&j2008t&j2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had quite the opposite experience than that of the above poster, and would actually highly recommend Paradise.  I purchased my gown from them for my wedding last year, after my older sister had purchased hers there several years prior.  When my younger sister got engaged, she too bought her dress at Paradise.  My mom bought her gown there for all 3 of our weddings as well.  I've also referred several of my friends to Paradise, and we've all been completely satisfied.  I'd reccomend Elaine as a consultant, if possible, and Rosalie as your seamstress.  Although I did not order my bridesmaid gowns through Paradise, my girls used Rosalie for alterations bc she does such great work.  I guess I've been a fairly frequent patron of their shop over the past few years, and have become familiar with a few of the employees, who have always treated me very courteously.  Have fun shopping!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!To update, I went to paradise bridals on Sunday and loooooooooooved it. The store is HUGE! I worked with Patti and literally tried on about 30 dresses. I felt bad because I kept her there well after the store closed, but she kept pulling different dresses for me to try on also!! And I bought the dress!!! There was another saleswoman there who was NONE to happy that we were there for so long, and she seemed pretty nasty, but I don't know her name. If anyone heads out there, ask for Patti because she was GREAT!
  • t&j2008t&j2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on finding your dress!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!!! PIB of the dress! =) And I'll throw one in here just for fun!
  • t&j2008t&j2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG!  My sister wore the exact same dress for her wedding last month!  It is gorgeous!   So light and delicate!  She got soooo many compliments on that dress, and it was super flattering too.  It looks beautiful on you, wear it well!
  • edited December 2011
    That's too funny t&j!! It is SO light and easy to put on!! That's one of my fave parts about it. I'd love to see pics if you have any! =)
  • t&j2008t&j2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sure, jillii.  I don't have any pics on my computer, but I'll ask my sis to send me some!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    You're the best t&j!! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards