Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Aisle runners

Anyone using a aisle runner?  I have a long veil and the church I am getting married at is 150 years old and I worry that my veil will get dirty.  I had my veil altered so it can be bustled so I can wear during some of my reception.  (For the money spent on it I wanted to wear it longer than my 20 minute ceremony)So my question is do these aisle runners rip or tear? The last thing I would want is for someone to get caught up on the runner.Any suggestions or experiences ( to do/ or not )  or where to purchase nice quality runners would be appreciated.Thanks!

Re: Aisle runners

• Options
    I purchased mine from Michael's. It held up really well, no pokes or snags from heels. We fastened both ends with Duck brand double sided tape. It held secure and did not damage the carpet! PIB
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    You might check with the church first, just to make sure they allow aisle runners and tape on the floor. Our church does not even allow them, because they are a notorious tripping/safety hazard, and they don't want tape on the slate floors (which are swept and mopped weekly).
  • Options
    I was debating on using one for my wedding also. But then my girlfriend stood up in a wedding where they used one and she said it was a hassle and the girls heels poked thru. My church has carpet thru the isle so to me flower petals will be enough. I am not wearing heels on my big day but not having an isle runner will just be one less thing I have to worry about tripping on ;)
    Missed Miscarriage 3-11-10; Jaxen Lee 3-31-11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards