Washington-Seattle

Found beautiful Ring and Tux for FI

It was more of a scouting trip to to Nordstrom and Ben Bridge,

But we found a really good choice at each.  Now to look at the budget.....

oh and The Tux Shop in Everett should be avoided.  SOOOOO unhelpful and they really only want you there if you are ready to order your tux.  They don't even have jackets to try on for the guys, they only have mannequinn size which is 40 (Jacket)
LAME!!

while Nordstrom is not cheap, man is the service good, they make you want to spend money you know you shouldn't cuase it such good quality stuff. 

Re: Found beautiful Ring and Tux for FI

• edited December 2011
    pics!?
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • edited December 2011
    so i still am researching for a point and shoot camera so for now this will have to do

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3010040/0~2376776~2374327~6005464~6005539?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6005539&P=1
    for the sale price of $695 (sigh)

I can't find a picture of the ring on line, but is a white gold/yellow gold band with laser cut diamond design. $699

I think we will need to flip a coin to see which one FI will get. LOL
  • edited December 2011
    Good progress! That is too bad about the Tux Shop. I had a good experience at Men's Warehouse. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011

If you're near a K&G Superstore, I recommend having him check them out.  $150 to purchase a tux.  And it was nicer than the ones they rent at MW (which the GMs are getting).  FI did look at the one at Nordys which is indeed very nice, but, as you noted, the price tag is not-so-much.

Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    there is a k&g near us.. Will definately check that out. Also will check out Mens Warehouse too, I would like to see him in a rental just to make sure...

thanks ladies!! As much as the nordstrom suit would be an investment and something he would wear for the rest of his life... Id much find something actually in our budget.
  • edited December 2011
    FWIW, FI worked at a nice men's clothing store part-time ten years ago (well before we met) and bought quite a few nice pieces from there including a very nice tux since he got a good discount.  Problem with his tux is it doesn't fit him anymore (which he was very bummed about).  Just something to keep in mind about an investment that will last - it will only last as long as he fits in it. ;) 

That being said, of course if you see FI needing a suit for being in weddings. very formal events, etc in the next year or two, of course it's a good investment since it will pay for itself in tux rental savings and he likely will fit in it still in a couple years.  FI didn't want to spend much on his because it's one day, we doubt he'll need one again soon (if ever) and, the picky person he is, he just like the quality of the one he bought better than what he saw at MW.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    That's EXACTLY what I was telling Ryan.  He is planning on losing 30lbs more, he is down 10 now.  No way is he going to stay at that weight so yeah we would definately be altering the outfit more than once should he use it again.  I told him at the very least, we will buy the tie, cuase it matches my dress so nicely.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards