Not Engaged Yet
Options

Sure-fire way to get a proposal:

Throw out your engagement chicken recipes! Give back the credit card that you secretly stole! Halt your unwarranted and unsanctioned planning! The secret to getting the shiny was always in the fickle and stubborn nature of your men. Think about it. We women have known for centuries that reverse psychology was a deadly weapon in our arsenal. Why have we never thought to apply it to our most obsessive, life-altering event is beyond me. For example: Boy: Siiiigh, wedding talk again? Girl: Actually honey, I thought long and hard about it. I realized that we are WAY too young, too unstable, too unready for this drastic committment. I was hoping we could put the whole thing off indefinatly, or at least for another 6 or 7 years. Boy: sputtergaspwha? No no no. Darling, you are the only one I want. We must go to the jewelry store NOW. Girl: Well...if you're SURE that's what you want... The end.

Re: Sure-fire way to get a proposal:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh that is way too manipulative. I would rather be more forward and throw the engagement party as a surprise and then he HAS to porpoise to me.
  • Options
    judynqjudynq member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh that is freaking hilarious, haha!cute dog! =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lol, Malakia. Nice use of "porpoise."I dunno, I promised my FI an XBox 360 a couple of years ago if he proposed to me. It only took him about 2 years (after that promise) to do it! We bought a 360 last week.Also, I really think that had all else failed, the chicken cake would've worked. How could it not???
    Anniversary
  • Options
    mermadisonmermadison member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure, but i had "the talk" with bf. I told him that honestly I loved him with everything but wasn't ready to be engaged. I told him that yes, I like sparkly things and parties but I was going to need more time. I think I got carried away with the idea and didn't think hard enough about the practicalities of it.For bf, it was like a complete 180. Where before it was just "something on the horizon", now it's "within a year, probably sooner, so prepare myself cause there's nothing I can do about it". So frustrating, but that's the idea I suppose :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nothing you can do about it?Umm... you should remind him that if you don't say yes, there ain't gonna be a wedding.How does that make any sense? You tell him you're NOT ready, so he's like "Uhh, well, then I guess I'll hurry up and do it BEFORE you're ready!" Does he think not being ready means it will be more of a surprise? What's with the surprise thing? Why is that the most important part to the guys?Shouldn't the most important part be a mutual agreement that you're both wanting the same things in about the same timeframe, with each other?Your BF is missing the point. I'm sure you love him, but if you really don't feel ready, then sit him down again and say "No no, I was SERIOUS. I really need more time to get into the idea of marriage, because I want it to be permanent, and that's a big deal."Then bop him on the head for not listening in the first place.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    mermadisonmermadison member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh silly, silly jeana.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Jeana's use of "bop him on the head" because it reminds me of Little Bunny Foo Foo.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I <3 Little Bunny Foo-Foo! I remember my grandma singing that to me. :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I swear Jeana, most days you and I are like this:  ::does eye-finger-pointing thing::
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you should both be on the same page. The End.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I keep threatening to just plan the whole thing and trick him into meeting me at the church in a suit! I'm afraid that since I have told him of my dastardly plan and I would be wearing a big white dress I may have given the game away! damn!But he did find it very amusing when I put it to him!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Acro, that's why you're my internet sister! <3
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards