Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Rehearsal Dinner

Where are you girls having your rehearsal dinner? The church we're getting married in is in Minneapolis- near uptown. My family and FI family live on opposite ends of the cities- it is going to be a lot of driving for them anyway. Also, the wedding is in January, so I don't want to make people drive all over the metro in case o f bad weather. Any suggestions? TIA!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• mrs.katematchmrs.katematch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a FANTASTIC rehearsal dinner (was actually a luncheon due to the time of our rehearsal) at Famous Dave's in Calhoun Square.  The prices were super reasonable and the food was fantastic!
  • likr0401likr0401 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been going back and forth on having it at that Famous Dave's for so long! I'm glad your rehearsal dinner was so fun- that is helping persuade me!! I was just trying to come up with a few other ideas before finally deciding.
  • edited December 2011
    In the same area - ours was at The Independent in Calhoun Square.  We had it in the private room right off the entrance, and it worked out really well!  The food was good too!
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nye's!!! Mmmmm...cabbage rolls...
  • edited December 2011
    Ours will be on the Rooftop of Joe's Garage....on Thursday!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Brit's has a area upstairs to host parties - it might be worth checking into.  It might be on the spendy side as it's part of their bar and would close it for the party so I would assume the would need to make as much as the would having it as their bar.
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having ours at PINZ bowling alley (94 and 694 area).  Out of your range, probably, but we've had great feedback so far on the bowling alley concept.
  • periippaperiippa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having ours at Bonfire in St. Paul, but I was going to suggest Famous Dave's before I even saw mrs.katematch's response! Famous Dave's is laid-back (which is a nice contrast to the formality surrounding the wedding day), and the food is awesome. Plus, if they have live music it would be even more fun!
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our dinner at Jax Cafe in NE Mpls. I think there is a nice private room at Stella's in Uptown, I have been to Holiday Party there. Chino Latino has great food, they might be able to make a semi-private space for you in Uptown. I love Famous Dave's food, I am sure they would do a delicious job. Make sure to let us know what you decide!
  • edited December 2011
    I just read an article today that Chino Latino is expanding and adding a 75 person private dining room. It is set to open November 1. Here is the link to the article: http://twincities.bizjournals.com/twincities/stories/2009/08/31/daily24.html Maybe you could get a deal by booking it early while its still under construction!? Oooh Fun!
  • edited December 2011
    I'll second Bonfire on Grand Ave. in St. Paul. We held our rehearsal dinner there and it was perfect. They have a private room, provided two servers, let you bring in your own wine and dessert, and even created a custom menu for our event. Highly recommend them!
  • edited December 2011
    We had to change our rehearsal dinner venue last minute (1 week before rehearsal), fortunately we were able to get a room at Old Spaghetti Factory. They were reasonably priced, plus guests got salad and ice cream included with the meal price. You get your own room - separate from everyone else.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • avanderahavanderah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours at Pizza Luce dowtown! Affordable and easy!
  • AmberDerekAmberDerek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours is going to be at The Bonfire in Woodbury.  We LOVE the bontons!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards