Hawaii

Recommend your Oahu caterer

Hello, ladies. I have the day off, and I've been working on wedding stuff all morning. I've been trying to find a spot for our rehearsal dinner. I *might* have found a great outdoor location that will let us bring in our own catering and booze. *Crossing fingers that it works out.* I won't know for sure until October, but in the meantime I want to look into caterers to see if I can make this work in our limited RD budget.If you have used or booked a caterer for a RD or wedding, would you mind sharing your experience as well as price per person. I'm looking for a great deal.I've contacted Indigo, because I've heard good things about them. I'd love to get a few more names.Thanks in advance!

Re: Recommend your Oahu caterer

• JanineRMJanineRM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are working with Creations in Catering. Charmaine has worked with us to stay within our budget, but to also plan the meal that we wanted. She has been really great and flexible. We have done a custom menu that came out around 20 bucks per person, and with all the added rentals and staffing I think our final price per person is around $50.
  • JanineRMJanineRM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And of course I forgot the most important part - the food is DELICIOUS. So yummy.
  • edited December 2011
    i've gotten quotes for Taniokas and in the process of Yamas Fish Market...Taniokas quoted us $22/head for our reception, and Lola808 got Yamas at $13/head last summer for about the same amount of food.The thing is that they're both very local style - in both food and set up/stuff. but super super good.
  • edited December 2011
    We had our RD at my parents condo right across the street from Lani.  We had it catered by Poke stop.  It was delicious!  The crab cakes were my favorite!!  We went a couple of days before our rehearsal and tried the food then.  We placed our order 2 days ahead of time.  They were very helpful in choosing a menu for our small group.  We only had 20 guests at our RD.  They will also deliver if you need them too.  We had A LOT of food! This is what we had:-Petite Crab cakes ($38.95) feeds 20-25-Boneless kalbi beef $69.95 a pan (serves 20-25)-Grilled island-style chicken $39.95 a pan (serves 20-25)-Fried saimin noodles -Puna’s potato salad ( $14.95) 1/2 pan-Steamed white riceHTH!http://www.hawaiidiner.com/restaurants/restaurant.php?restaurant=2409
    Lanikuhonua, Phase II, Oahu Hawaii | April 24, 2009 http://iluvhawaii.weebly.com
  • edited December 2011
    hey kelli, i would highly recommend kenekes the company i used used for my wedding. keith is great and their prices are very afforable. their pupus selection is amazing and my guest raved about it. check them out at kenekes.net!
    ryan and jennifer |august 10, 2009| lanikuhonua phase II
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! That gives me some great options to check out.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Kahala Caterers. They came recommended by my aunt who uses them for many of her work functions and has always been very happy with their food and service!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards