Arizona-Phoenix

Hair and Make-up recs

Hi,
I know this has been posted about before, but I can't find that old thread. What are your hair and make-up recommendations? (KLM is booked my day). Looking for someone affordable (under $200-ish). Thanks!

Re: Hair and Make-up recs

• I was a brides maid for a wedding a few years ago and we got our hair & make up done at Dolce.  I don't know what they charge, but we all looked like a million bucks when they were done.  I'm going there for my wedding.
  • I would suggest Atmosphere Salon (Jaime or Afton). I'm having mine done at the Dry Bar because I just couldn't see spending that much on my hair. I did a trial and loved it, so that's an option as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• I'm using my regular hair girl for that... but for make-up I'm having Rachel Bush do it. She has been super great to deal with so far and is doing my trial on the afternoon of my bachelorette party. I'm paying her $175 total.

Good luck!
  • Makeup by Jen B. She was pehnomenal!
  • I'm using Ashley Nicole Makeup!  She's been wonderful and I was over the moon with my hair trial!  And she does hair!  ashleynicole.co or find her on Facebook! 
  • Makeup by Jackie Fancher! I've seen her for years and years and she's amazing. http://www.promakeupbyjackie.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am using my regular hair sytlist as well.  She has been so sweet to offer to come to me on my wedding day.  For make up I hired Stephanie Nault after reading reviews about her on here.  We had my trial and I really liked the look of the airbrush makeup. 

I had a trial at Primp in Blow in North Scottsdale.  I loved the hair but the make up was WAY to caked on.  I had told the artist I hardly wear any and want to look myself on my wedding day and it was just a bitt over the top for me.  I came home and immediately washed my face :(
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I am getting my hair and make-up (and my b.p.) done at Dolce.  Keep your eye out and become a fan on FB because they offer Hunnie deals.  For example, they will offer $100 in Hunnies for $50.00 (you can buy as many as you like).  They also have different level of hair and make-up stylists, d.o.e.

If you get a great hunnie hook-up it can be very affordable!  and Dolce does a great job!
  • Makeup by Sara Colello! She's was a makeup artist in Orange County (LA), California and is now in Phoenix! She has THE most affordable prices I have ever seen for wedding makeup! She can also do hair, she just doesn't really advertise it - but you should ask her about it! I absolutely LOVED her!
    You can check our her website at: wix.com/SaraColello/MUA
    facebook: facebook.com/makeupbysc

she also has a blog with photos and little blurbs on it and you can request your appointment online!
  • edited March 2012
    oh! and - Sara C.'s bridal makeup is $65 and hair starts at $30!

She should definitely be charging more for the quality, but she's not - so take advantage of it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards