DC

XP: Honeymoon road trip... need some input :-)

FI and I started planning our honeymoon last night, finally, after being disappointed that our original honeymoon plan didn't work out due to finances. Our original idea will still happen, as an anniversary trip down the road.

With that said, we decided to take a road trip from PA to NC (Burlington to be exact as that is where my cousin lives and is letting us stay in their place for a few days while they are on vacation). On the road trip we've decided to take small day trips to Washington, DC, Colonial Williamsburg/Jamestown, and also to drive the Blueridge Parkway or Skyline Drive on the way home. While in NC, we will attend 3 minor league baseball games (we are big baseball fans and I also work for our local minor league team so it'll be neat to check out the similarities/differences)- Durham Bulls, Carolina Mudcats, and Burlington Royals. Before the games, we would like to spend the day visiting the cities in which they're located and get a taste and feel for the area.

I'm hoping to get ideas of things to do while in any of the locations I've mentioned. Is there a specific place you'd recommend to go eat, visit, shop? We are very excited about this trip and would like to get the most out of it that we can. If there are locals, we'd like to hear about those little known places that are worth going to. I know where I live, we have those but they don't ever show up on any websites as recommendations.

Thanks in advance! And if you think there's another board I should post this to, please let me know that as well :-) 
Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: XP: Honeymoon road trip... need some input :-)

• What are you into other than baseball?  I love giving people off-the-beaten-path recommendations for DC, but it does depend on your interests (and food preferences, if you want restaurant recs).  And what time of year are you going?

As a general matter, the Smithsonian is awesome, and free, and you can take your pick of museums depending on what you're interested in (or go to the zoo), and even though I've lived here my entire life I still try to make the museum rounds when I have time.  Ditto just walking around the Mall/monuments.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards