New York
Options

Upstate venues?

Hi there! We just recently got engaged and are hoping to have our wedding in the summer of 2013. I am originally from the Syracuse area and plan on having the wedding somewhere between Syracuse and Albany. I started checking out a few venues but would LOVE any ideas on possible places. We love all the outdoorsy, rustic weddings, and a barn or somewhere on the finger lakes would be perfect. Thanks! 

Re: Upstate venues?

• Options
    edited March 2012

Welcome! You'll find many brides on this board are getting married at a winery- Ventosa (great food-visited on a wine tour once), Glenora, Wagner, etc. 

I think a lot will depend on your budget. We're getting married in Cazenovia, which is a small-town, historic village (if you want to PM, I can give you the details), but some things have cost more than we originally wanted to spend. We are outdoorsy people and LOVE the historic/natural aspects of our wedding. Skaneateles would be the same.

If you want the total "outdoors" feel, Highland Forest is gorgeous. Plus, it's really reasonably priced.

I'm sure everyone on here will give you some other great ideas. I'll let you know if I have others!

Good luck with planning!

image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm getting married at Pratt's Falls county park. It's surrounded by woods and hills (and the waterfall of course). The lodge there is very rustic- everything is wood. Hardwood floors, high ceilings with wood beams, a large stone fireplace. It's really a beautiful place and the venue is cheap, but I have ended up spending more than a traditional venue because EVERYTHING needs to be brought in- catering, decorations, rental equipment, etc. So while it's a great rustic venue, you won't necessarily save money having your wedding there. Best of luck planning your wedding!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    erinpeonyerinpeony member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for all of the great suggestions! I was a little weary about cost adding up with having to bring in a lot of outside additions. We're planning to visit Ventosa in a couple of weeks, can't wait! Thanks ladies! Wishing you all the best for your weddings as well :)
  • Options
    I have to agree- we are getting married in Cooperstown, at the art museum there in a tent and have to bring EVERYTHING in. It adds up way more than I thought. I love how everything is turning out, but if I had to do it again I'd look for a packaged deal! Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm getting married at Ventosa, and live out by Boston too.  Between phone calls and emails, I've had no problems planning.  Ventosa is pricey, but beautiful and elegant.  Good luck!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    Welcome fellow summer 2013-er! I'll be getting married on Seneca Lake in Geneva and then holding my reception at the Ramada Lakefront. It's about a mile down the road from Ventosa, so if you're going to be in the area lookin there, I'd suggest checking out the Ramada. They give major bang for your buck! You can also hit Geneva on the Lake and the Belhurst while in the area, if you're serious about looking in the finger lakes region. All four location are only a few minutes down the road form each other. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards