Florida-Central Florida
Options

What should we do?

Last July 3, MOH's bro eloped and now the couple has recently decided they want to have a wedding ceremony with the family on their anniversary. Problem is, my wedding is the next day and 8 hours away. FI and I have had this date since last May and MOH agreed to be MOH shortly after that. Her whole family knows me and knows she is in my wedding. Our wedding date and BP were decided way before they even got married! Obviously, her family is more important than my wedding and I want her to see her bro get married (she and fam were pretty devastated last summer at the eloping), but I also don't want her to feel obligated to drive 8 hours the night before my wedding...it's not safe, and she will be exhausted the next day anyways. Should I tell her she doesn't have to worry about being there if she can't? Maybe keep her as official MOH but make someone else in charge of her responsibilities, this way if she makes it or not, we're covered? It's going to be hard if she can't be there but I'll be fine. What would you do?

Re: What should we do?

• Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you are very very nice to be so accomodating to her.  To be honest, if I were her, I'd go to your wedding since I made the commitment first but I'd let the decision be up to her.  I mean, a lot of factors go into place here... the timing of her brother's ceremony and your ceremony and whether or not she could fly there.....  Let her know you'd love to have her there but you'd understand if she can't make it and let her make the final decision. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, i agree. Talk to her about it. Just let her know that you wouldn't be offended if she had to back out and that you understand family comes first. Try to help her think of ways she can do both, but make sure you have a backup plan in case she can't make it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Got it covered now we think! Pretty sure everything is going to work out and she seems way more committed to my wedding than her bro's random ceremony haha!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards