Gay Weddings
Options

dress

why is it so hard to find a simple dress im gettin married @ the courthouse but i still want to dress up & look like a bride but not with like a full ball gown u know help me someone  please

Re: dress

• Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might try looking for bridesmaids' dresses or evening dresses in white or ivory, if you don't want the full ball gown thing.  They are usually less expensive, as well.
  • Options
    alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    j crew has some beautiful and reasonably priced wedding dresses that are much simpler than a lot of traditional bridal styles.

amsale also has very simple, but lovely dresses.

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the J Crew idea. I got my dress for our legal ceremony from J Crew. Then for my larger ceremony and reception, I wore a more true 'bridal gown' by Amy Kuschel (and believe me - I didn't want any poofy ballgown, either!)

I think you might be surprised actually at how much variety is out there. Nicole Miller is another one worth looking at. 

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     Hi
    I found this great online jewel. This company custom makes wedding gowns from photos. I sent them an email with my dream dress. My dress is a stunning Kenneth pool. God knows I couldn't afford the retail price. I asked for a price quote and they said they can make it for me for $800 cheaper than the retail price. I was shocked and so happy. After searching a little, I found great comments about this company on weddingbee. The sales manager was great and they were so kind, I was even more excited to place my order. Needless to say long story short I purchased from them. They showed me photos of their work and after seeing the amazing wedding dresses on their website I was convinced I made the right decision.  I couldn't be happier. I hope this can help you and all the brides on the knot. This jewel is worth sharing. This is their website
    www.dynamicbrides.com/">www.dynamicbrides.com. I highly recommend them for saving money and great service. Good luck with everything.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    mskatrina09mskatrina09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank u & congrats on ur big day
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok thank u
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok thank u & congrats on ur big day
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A lot of brands offer "sheath" dresses.  You might ask your local bridal stores what they have available in this style.
  • Options
    equinedreamerequinedreamer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try nordstrom, they have a lot of beautiful yet clean lined dresses that are not badly priced either!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards