Second Weddings

Too Soon?

Hello everyone. This will be my second marriage and his first. My first marriage we were married at 18 and divorced at 28. I have two children who are my world. I am just recently divorced. We were seperated for a year before filing for a divorce. I moved back home recently and got with an old friend that i have known since 4th grade. We have been dating for bout 6 months. I am so in love with him. I am the happiest i have ever been in a long time. He asked me to marry him and i said yes. We are most likely getting married in November unless something changes. Is it too soon to get married? I know in my heart he is the one i want to be with for the rest if my life. My first marrige we were forced to get married. Should we wait longer? Sorry this is so long. Thanks.

Re: Too Soon?

• If you are asking the question, I would say yes.  I think that means that you have your little voice inside telling you to wait, and you don't want to listen.  
    My advice is to get some counseling to deal with the end of your marriage, and to be sure that you are in love with your fi, and not just the idea of being married. 
    You have two important reasons not to rush into this again.  Mr. Wonderful will still be there a year from now, if he is truly "the one".  And I would suggest you live on your own for that year, so that you are able to feel strong & independently able to care for your family.  ~Donna
  • My mom always told me to date someone for at least a year so that you get past the early stages of infatuation and are able to see them as they are.  I have known my husband since we were 15 - long story short  we lost touch for 17 years, got back in touch, reunited,  dated a year, were engaged a year and then we were married. 

Donna is right you need to be able to feel strong and know who you are and care for your kids - don't jump into something and if you think it's too soon it is. 
  • Personally I wouldn't get married that quickly, but I tend to be a more cautious person. I like to know I am making the right decisions and that my insticts are right. It has saved me a lt of pain that my friends experienced. But I don't think any of us can tell you what is right or wrong to do. You have to be the one to decide that. And if you do go through with it, I wish you the best in trying to plan a wedding that quickly. I am a year away from my date and a lot of the venues in my area are already booked.
    ?We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them.? ~ Buddha
  • I am getting remarried immediately when my divorce is final. The state required us to be separated for a year. You have waited long enough and deserve to move on with your life and happy future. I am also worried about being judged by other people, but that doesn't change the fact that I know this is the man for me, I'm doing the right thing, and I deserve to be happy. I hope people are happy for me but if not that wont change my plans. Make your decision based on what you want, not anyone else. It's your life to live, not theirs, and you deserve happiness.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards