Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Gifts for Parents?

So we have our bridesmaid and groomsmen gifts bought for our wedding at the end of May.  But I don't have any good ideas for a meaningful gift for our parents.  I'd appreciate any suggestions or ideas that you've done/are planning on doing.

thanks!

Re: Gifts for Parents?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Look at their favorite pastimes and go from there. You can never go wrong with a great bottle of wine (assuming they drink). Or, if they're local, tickets to a Reds game or tickets to a river dinner cruise. 
  • Options
    We just bought engraved frames from Things Remembered with our wedding date and will put wedding pictures in them when we can order prints after the wedding. They've got some great deals going on right now!
  • Options
    We got things for our parents we knew they would love and appreciate.

My mom - necklace, she wore it on our wedding day
    His mom - Earrings, she wore them on our wedding day
    My dad - watch
    His dad - Ray Bans :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    i am getting my parents a gift card to the restaurant they eat at for their anniversary each year.....the precinct.
  • Options
    I got my parents gift certificates to the Cincinnati Dinner Train. It goes from Oakley to downtown along the riverfront and back on Saturday evenings. They have a 4 course meal along the way.

http://www.cincinnatirailway.com/dinnertrain/
  • Options
    We wrote a heartfelt letter to our parents because no gift seemed appropriate enough to convey how we appreciate them.  Also towards the wedding, we didn't have much free time to talk (non-wedding planning) with our parents. It was crunch time!

After the honeymoon, we did give them a copy of our wedding album and DVD.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I love the river dinner cruise idea! How cute and nice that would be! Definitely have to look into that. The train idea is cool toodidn't even know it existed and we're getting married in oakley! :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards