South Carolina

least popular month to get married

Does anyone know the least popular month to get married in Charleston SC?  I'm trying to find ways to cut cost. ;)

Re: least popular month to get married

• kelkigskelkigs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm... I know that December, January and August are the lesser popular months in South Carolina.  February might be too, but I am not sure.
  • peachykeen808peachykeen808 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds about right. I playing with the idea of having the wedding in June of next year. What do you think of the colors, navy and kiwi green in June? I know navy is not a "summer" color, but do you think I could away with it?
  • edited December 2011
    I think the colors are fine, but you will find that June is a very popular month to get married down here, if that's what you're trying to avoid.  A lot of places book up for spring and summer over a year in advance. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • CoffeejunkieCoffeejunkie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Keep in mind humidity and BUGS if you are outside :-) in South Carolina...
  • DRibeiro13DRibeiro13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that January, February and August are probably the least popular...but what you can do is look at reception/weddings sites and ask them when their off season is. One of my friends is getting married in early november and she got the off season price. Another way to cut cost is to have your wedding on a friday night or sunday...they tend to be slightly cheaper also.
  • peachykeen808peachykeen808 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! Great advice and suggestions. I knew I could get the answer here :)
  • MellandNateMellandNate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely agree with DRibeiro13. November is a hit and miss month with popularity in Charleston. You can always try a non Saturday wedding... I've seen a few midweek weddings that got some great deals. Good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards