Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Has anyone hired a wedding photographer but is having another person/group create their album?

I love this one photographer's style and pictures, but not crazy about their album design/style. Has anyone used one photographer for the pics and another photographer/group to create the album? Any advice would help! Thx =)

Re: Has anyone hired a wedding photographer but is having another person/group create their album?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What type of albums are you looking for?  There are a lot of manufacturers out there that you don't need to have a professional  association.  Let me know and I can get you set up with some that we know of. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If your images are copyrighted (and they are unless you have a release specifically saying that they aren't - and I'm not talking about a print release) then a third party won't be able to do anything with them.
  • Options
    teamdynamiteteamdynamite member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My SIL made albums for the moms via Shutterfly. She was able to choose the number of photos and the entire look of the album. HTH!!
  • Options
    subdolasubdola member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_anyone-hired-wedding-photographer-but-having-another-persongroup-create-their-album?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:2840393f-d19c-41e3-bab6-8237648ad762Post:6334cedc-fdf7-48db-b65b-0980e884ad9f">Re: Has anyone hired a wedding photographer but is having another person/group create their album?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If your images are copyrighted (and they are unless you have a release specifically saying that they aren't - and I'm not talking about a print release) then a third party won't be able to do anything with them.
    Posted by shannonp10[/QUOTE]

<div>This.  It's a good idea to get the rights to reproduce the photos since then you can make your own prints, books, whatever, but you do need to have that in writing.  </div>
    We're currently on a 15 month trip around the world!
    **Check out our travel blog**
    Planning Bio Married Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For the copyright it really depends on the verbage.  A personal print release, unless super specific should cover that area.  Print releases aren't stating that you can only make prints such as 8x10's and not an album.  A print is a print regardless of the delivery.  Again, check the verbage.  Most print releases only cover financial compensation for photographers, so couples aren't able to modify, sell, or advertise with your images.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards