Military Brides

sword arch

Any body have any instructions as to what is supposed to happen and what is supposed to be said for a Marine Corp wedding? The arch is consisting of navy and marine buddies. I know we walk through and I get swatted on the butt, but I would really like to make sure we get it done right!Thanks ladies

Re: sword arch

• kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You can find 8 billion on youtube. Just put in Marine Corps sword wedding. His Navy and Marine buddies will pretty much cross swords in front of you, forcing you to kiss a bunch of times, and the last one will tap you and say, "Welcome to the Marine Corps Mrs. So&So". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNm9XLL1SDA
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    One thing I want to mention incase you haven’t thought of it yet PLEASE make sure to give the guys LOTS of notice. The items needed for the sword uniform are REALLY costly. A friend decided to do sword wedding month before day and couple guys had to scramble to come up with items/funds. NOT trying to be a downer - please don‘t take it that way - just FYI
    edited December 2011
    You can often borrow swords/sabers from the local ROTC deatchment as well, btw.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • gigilinda87gigilinda87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the info. all the guys I've asked are officers who already have everything for the arch. but if i have to find a replacement last minute i'll remember the rotc tip!
  • megbaby13megbaby13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you know if the navy does this? I would love for this to happen!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • gigilinda87gigilinda87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    all the branch's do a sword arch. ask your fiance if he would like to do a military wedding...
  • escaladieescaladie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI!I thought the sword arch could only be used if the groom was a commisioned officer? My son is getting married in December and he's only PFC. So I was under the impression that he could't use the sword arch. Do you all know if that's true? Thank You!
    edited December 2011
    A PFC will not rate a sword arch. In the Marine Corps at least, an NCO will. So if he waits until he is older and promoted to get married, he can have one. I would suggest this anyway, even if it's not for the arch.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • hpaddock21hpaddock21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, my fiance and i want to do an outdoor ceremony. He wants the arch but i cant seem to find any thing on outdoor ceremonies with the arch. any ideas as to how to do the arch in an outdoor ceremony would be great. Thnx
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards