Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Q about Vendor Reviews

I am curious what you guys think about vendor reviews.  There is a vendor who I used that I had bad experience with and I ended up replacing for my wedding.  I want to post an honest review both here and on weddingwire, but I actually posted something about her here and she saw it and sent me an email about it (even though I didn't even post her name).  I'm just worried about upsetting her.  What do you guys think?  I know honest reviews were so helpful for me, but especially with the weddingwire one (which doesn't get hidden after a few days posts), I feel like she might email me to ask me to take it down, and then what do I do?

Re: Q about Vendor Reviews

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't like confrontation either, but if you aren't happy with a service, you should speak up.  I do think if you're unhappy with a vendor, they absolutely should NOT find out about it by reading the Knot or WeddingWire.  You should voice your opinions to them first and then if they don't have an adequate resolution, you are free to post your review.

I think it's also hard when a vendor gets so many positive reviews on this board, and you don't feel 100% about them, you're left thinking "was it just me?"  I'm always surprised when I hear someone speak up about a popular vendor like that.
    10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since you're wedding is over with and you'll be telling the truth, I don't think there's anything wrong with posting the negative review. If she emails you then oh well, just ignore it. Or simply tell her that you are telling the truth to other Boston brides and they deserve to know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I would write a review that is truthful without being mean... not saying you were but I would just be careful about that.  Also if there were any positive things about the vendor, include those.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I disagree with sboston- I posted a bad review of my wedding dress alterations- what could have been done by contacting the salon first? The wedding is over, and I will forever have pictures of me carrying around my dress all night because it was too long even though in the final fitting I told them it was too long and they said it would "puff out" when pressed. Sorry, just talking about it makes me so mad. I look foolish in the pictures and other people who tried to dance with me also stepped on it, I think my dry cleaners could have done a better job hemming it. What could the salon do now? No, I think posting without talking to the vendor is perfectly fine. I already think that most vendors put up fake reviews anyway (they do here).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love reading reviews and I would want to know everything that the bride truly thinks.  I'm not a fan of confrontation myself, but people deserve to know the truth. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    These vendors are in business, and good business is built with good service. They should expect that poor service will adversely effect their business. As the saying goes, it's not personal! If vendors take reviews personally and get upset...well, what can you do? I think you should voice your concerns with the vendor; they should be aware you're dissatisfied with their service. Perhaps the situation can be resolved, or you can recieve compensation. If you feel like it, post on yelp or here- but keep to the facts, and don't exaggerate or get emotional.
  • Options
    Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://boston.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_q-vendor-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:a63ddd96-f2ed-40b1-b763-073694be1261Post:07715f39-eca3-4cdc-8870-8ed1963726bd">Re: Q about Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]but keep to the facts, and don't exaggerate or get emotional.
    Posted by Pesapenny[/QUOTE]

This.
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Having her e-mail you to complain about a review would strike me as yet one more instance of lack of professionalism you would want to mention.  She's no longer your vendor, so it's not like you have to avoid being honest in order to make sure she doesn't no-show on you or something.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've written a negative vendor review on this board. I also received complaints from said vendor on this board. It was a complete lack of professionalism on his part and proved my point.

Speaking of which, are vendors still allowed to offer rebuttal / defense to negative critiques on here?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If your telling the truth then what's the problem. These vendors should man up and fix what they did wrong. If I was a vendor yeah i wouldn't be that happy if I read a negative review(no ones perfect) but then I would fix it so it doesn't happen again and so my next client is completely happy. Its all about a client being happy and satisfied and these vendors don't realize that.
    RSVP: AUGUST 18,2010 image 256 Are Invited image 191 Are ready to Party!
    image 65 Will be missing out image 0 Where Are you? We can't wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_q-vendor-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:a63ddd96-f2ed-40b1-b763-073694be1261Post:184c7558-d46c-4d34-868c-13574999fe24">Re: Q about Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've written a negative vendor review on this board. I also received complaints from said vendor on this board. It was a complete lack of professionalism on his part and proved my point.
    Posted by jenwindy[/QUOTE]

I had a similar experience with my photographer. The full story is in my vendor reviews, but the short version is that I posted a mediocre, but accurate, review on WeddingWire and she emailed me about it. I wrote back with a detailed response, providing her with the facts on things she didn't follow through on, and emails she didn't respond to, throughout the process. Within days of sending her my response, there were 11 new reviews on WeddingWire and 8 new reviews on WeddingChannel.  She never wrote back to my email.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_q-vendor-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:a63ddd96-f2ed-40b1-b763-073694be1261Post:50c3fb02-da60-4a43-95ff-024976551e70">Re: Q about Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]If your telling the truth then what's the problem. These vendors should man up and fix what they did wrong. If I was a vendor yeah i wouldn't be that happy if I read a negative review(no ones perfect) but then I would fix it so it doesn't happen again and so my next client is completely happy. Its all about a client being happy and satisfied and these vendors don't realize that.
    Posted by blondie82784[/QUOTE]

This.

I felt it was important for me to let other brides know of the positive and negative services that I received from my vendors.  I haven't posted on Wedding Wire yet, as I'm waiting to hear back from two vendors responses to my negative feedback.  I want to give them a chance to rebut or explain why some things went wrong before posting a negative review that will be forever attached to their business online.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_q-vendor-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:a63ddd96-f2ed-40b1-b763-073694be1261Post:184c7558-d46c-4d34-868c-13574999fe24">Re: Q about Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]Speaking of which, are vendors still allowed to offer rebuttal / defense to negative critiques on here?
    Posted by jenwindy[/QUOTE]

Vendors can submit their responses to reviews to Annie and she can post them. They are not permitted at all to post them on their own.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NWR, this happened to me with an apartment review I posted. I was so angry with our situation (we had mice, and broken utilities, and all sorts of problems paying almost 3 grand for an apartment in a bad area). So I posted my 100% honest review and got a call from the lease agent asking us to take it down and he would help resolve our situation. Well we agreed too and took it down. NOTHING was fixed. In fact we had to take them to court.

Now I know this is an extreme situation compared to what happens to others, however after this if I post a review I won't take it down no matter who asks. I think people have the right to know and maybe it will prevent the vendor from doing what they did to you to another bride and that is worth a ton!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16
  • Options
    megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Once I posted a mediocre review about eyebrows on Yelp (I just said it was okay, but overpriced for what you got). The woman started calling me and harassing me to take it down, she would alternate between yelling and crying. She also got another customer (or maybe it was her) to email me through Yelp and accuse me of working for her competitors.
     I took it down just so she would leave me alone, but I told her if she ever tried to contact me again I would post about her harassment and not take that post down. Honestly she just seemed unbalanced and I wanted her to leave me alone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards