Second Weddings

Input on songs

I am having one heck of a time picking a song to walk down the aisle to-I do not want "here comes the bride"  I am completely torn between Kenny Chesney-Me and You and Lifehouse-I Live my Life for You(whatever I pick is going to have the words).  I know its my wedding and all that I am just looking for opinions.  Our first dance song is going to be This Kind of Love by Sister Hazel.  I am thinking of using My Wish by Rascal Flatts for BP processional-yea/nayOur recessional is going to be Pete Townsends-Let My love open the door...your thoughts and opinions are appreciated!!!!!

Re: Input on songs

• edited December 2011
    Welcome roscoe - Can't help you on the songs - don't know any of them, except the Townsend song- which sounds cool for the recessional. My only other suggestion is to dance together allthe way through your first dance- be sure you are comfortable with the whole song - on your feet- in front of all your guests watching you.  Our 3 minute song seemed pretty dang long!  ~Donna
  • jlk67jlk67 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Play your BP processional song and then immediately start your processional options.  See how they sound together.  They will play back to back during your ceremony.  I did that repeatedly with different songs before I finally settled on my final choices.  Also think about a stopping point for your song.  Unless you purposefully pause, it will take less than a minute for you to walk in.  Some songs sound odd when they are cut off like that.
  • jlk67jlk67 member
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Donna about the first dance song.  We chose I Don't Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith.  It's just about 5 minutes long.  I don't know how far into we got, but we reached a point where we were talking to each other about how long the song was and we wished we had picked something shorter.  Then when I danced with my dad, the first thing he asked me was, "This song isn't as long as that song you and Dane danced to is it?"   
  • edited December 2011
    JLK57 That is to funny!!! Thanks for the giggle.  I adore kenny chesney that is just my opinion.  Our first dance we are dancing to Rascal Flatts Here! It is us to a T!! 
  • edited December 2011
    You can see/hear the songs on youtube(if you want)....Thanks for the idea about dancing before hand to see how long it is....problem-I cant even listen to it now w/o crying :)  Thanks for suggesting I listen to the songs back to back-I think what I'm going to do is have BP come in to My Wish and then I will do Kenny Chesney-this way we stay w/in the same genre.....THEN we were planning on having our BP dance w/their significant others(most everyone is married or in serious relationshiops)and since I love the Lifehouse song so much I think that we will use that song for that dance....
  • edited December 2011
    Oh I forgot-it will take at least a minute for me to walk and I think the bp will take about a minute and a half(at least)-we have 7 "couples" in our Bp....plus my 4 daughters are FG and my 3 nephews are ring bearers....do they walk into the same song as the BP?
  • jlk67jlk67 member
    edited December 2011
    My whole wedding party walked in to the same song.  I loved our music.  We used Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol for our wedding party and I walked in to Maybe I'm Amazed by Paul McCartney. 
  • jeannigirljeannigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know its not easy picking songs for those important points. We have alot of songs that we like and I told my FI that he can choose, I will throw in some that I like. I say that I would be ok if he arranged that has he is really good at that. I know it will be perfect. I love "chasing cars" by snow patrol.
  • edited December 2011
    i think we are going to us Marry song by Band of Horses for BP I am walking down to Im yours by Jason Mraz Recessional will lby Beautiful Day by U2 Still deciding on our first dance song- its a toss up between eric church-love your love the most (such a cute song) and keith urban "only you can love me this way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards