Maine

Portland Rehearsal Dinners

Hi everyone!   Getting married next Memorial Day weekend in Portland. Anyone have any nice ideas for a rehearsal dinner?  Preferably not too too expensive?  Thanks!  - Bri

Re: Portland Rehearsal Dinners

• edited December 2011
    How many do you predict will be attending?  That's what narrowed down our choices.
  • edited December 2011
    Well, my mother informed me that we are now having our rehearsal dinner at the Captain's Galley in Old Orchard Beach. Their dinner buffet is $19.95/person and the woman there said that the buffet options can be altered from what's on the website. (Thank God, because I thought the menu options were boring and I wouldn't have eaten a one of them! But I'm a little bit of a food-snob, too...)Depending on the numbers, though, and how formal you want-- Beale Street Barbecue is a fun option. Sebago Brewing Company has great food and isn't expensive. David's in Monument Square. Flatbread (I think that's the name). RiRa's (Irish pub). Portland really does have a lot of food options...Dunno if any of that helps!
    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." -- Ranier Maria Rilke BabyFruit Ticker image Me:37 MH:38 TTC since Oct 2011 BFP/Beta#1: 13 6/20/12; Beta#2: 20 6/22/12; MC/Beta#3: 9 6/27/12 BFP#2/Beta#1: 9/21/12 S/PAIFW
  • edited December 2011
    We are having ours at Olive Garden in SP. 
  • edited December 2011
    LOL My mother called me late last night and decided, after speaking to my sister (God bless sisters!), decided NOT to have the RD at Captain's Galley (thank GOD!) but is having Amato's in South Portland cater the affair. FI and I will get desserts.Sooooo.... That's another option, if you have a place to host the party. It's way cheaper and the food is good-- we're getting a pasta with broccoli and chicken and the stuffed pizza rolls. There may be other stuff, too, but that's what I know we're getting...
    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." -- Ranier Maria Rilke BabyFruit Ticker image Me:37 MH:38 TTC since Oct 2011 BFP/Beta#1: 13 6/20/12; Beta#2: 20 6/22/12; MC/Beta#3: 9 6/27/12 BFP#2/Beta#1: 9/21/12 S/PAIFW
  • edited December 2011
    We had our RD at Dimillos in Portland. We had 60 or so people (yes I know it was a large RD) but they did a great job. Dimillos has parking (which can be hard in Portland) as Rivarlies and RiRas don't. We had a large room upstairs and if the weather had been nicer we could have used the deck as well. They had the buffet set up, and the staff was great at making sure everyone had what they needed. They also set up a screen and table for the slideshow my SILS did for us.  I wasn't a fan of them before as I thought it was a tourist trap, but they really did a nice job and everyone had a good time. MIL paid for the RD so I'm not sure on the total costs but I think the dinner was like $25/head an the bar was open for beer and wine and was like $500 for everything, and she was happy.
    image The way life should be-
  • edited December 2011
    I would do Rivalries.  My fave.Also Mainer-in-Texas had her RD there in '07 and loved it.
    Planning bio My DIY blog The Maine Bio

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Jaime has read 18 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • edited December 2011
    We're having ours at the Eastland, they simplified their menu to fit our budget.  We looked at Sebago Brewing Co, but they didn't have enough space for us. 
  • edited December 2011
    I have a small wedding party (about 20 with everyone and their significant others) so we are having it at the Portland Lobster Company.  Not very formal at all, but yummy lobster and a fun party atmosphere!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards