Texas-San Antonio
Options

need weedding colors help

Hope everyone's planning is going along smoothly. Mine has kind of been a bumpy road and we just started. I posted last month about being worried that my ceremony was in the early afternoon and the reception in the evening -- but all downtown. Big time and travel conflict for the guests obviously. I finally broke down and had our ceremony/reception dates at San Fernando switched to a month after our original date. From early November to early December (its all they had available for 3pm ceremony).Anyway, my main question is if you all have any ideas on wedding colors for December. My original colors were more reds,purples,golds for the November wedding. Is that still doable for a winter wedding or am I just overcomplicating crap??Thanks!

Re: need weedding colors help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello to a new fellow December knottie! You should definitely join me and rmfriedman over on the Dec 2009 board too. I think there might be a few other December SA knotties as well, I definitely think reds, purples, and golds still work for a December wedding. They're very rich colors, which to me go well with the holiday season. I'm doing blues, white, and silver, which is another alternative. If you check out the Dec board you'll see girls doing all sorts of color schemes ranging from reds, purples, blue, greens, black, just about anything you can think of. Maybe not so many lime green and light pinks, but I'm sure they're still out there too. If you have your heart set on those colors, or already have things in those colors, just stick with it! I think it will be very pretty.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think those colors will be great.  You could add other jewel tones too if you wanted.  I think any deep colors would work - burgundy (or a deep red), dark green, eggplant, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey there! I was worried about making my colors wintery too and decided not to worry too much about that and instead go with the color scheme I liked the best and what worked for my my venue. I think your colors seem really fitting for a winter wedding....bold and rich. I think December weddings can be whatever you want them to be....I love linzlars's winter wonderland blue/silver combo and I think it's also nice to incorporate warm holiday colors like reds, greens, or metalic colors if you want to......but really, NOBODY is going to go to your wedding and make judgments based on how fitting your colors are to the month or season of your wedding. I'm personally using dusty rose, ivory and champagne as my colors. My venue has a lot of dark wood and deep warm browns, so I chose my colors as soft, romantic, and bright (yet subdued) contrasts. In conclusion - it's definitely still doable!
  • Options
    jgilbergjgilberg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Choose what you want! I think jewel tones are beautiful and they will look lovely at that time of the year.~Julie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jewel tones are pretty much year round in my opinion. They just represent a richness and if you will sometimes a Victorian feel to things. Heck my colors are navy, berry (reddish purple) and a rose color for a summer wedding and a lot of people find it different cause most pick bright colors for the summer. Stick with what you want and to heck with others if they say otherwise. It's your day afterall :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it is becoming more the trend for couples to choose the colors based on thier likes and dislikes rather than choosing them based on the season.That aside, I think your colors will look great!  I say stick with whatever you want, and don't stress over it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if i were going to do a december wedding i think i would have done a burgandy and silver. or even the colors you originally picked i think is fine. i am having a summer wedding and my main color is navy blue but i've heard that i should do 2 light colors because of the 'season' but i'm doing like a tiffany and navy blue
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd say do whatever colors you want regardless of the season... it's not like there is a serious winter in San Antonio anyway.  My b-day is December 5 and I can remember many an SA birthday at 75 degrees :)  I am having a fall wedding but my colors are bright and jewel toned.  My only real concern is finding bright flowers but I'm sure it's all in my head that the only thing they will have in fall is cornucopia-thanksgivingy-colored flowers.  After all, most of my colors aren't exactly "natural" anyway. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards