Texas-Austin

Just married!!! Vendor reviews

Woohoo!!! We just got married!! Such a great weekend, and we survived!!  Here are our vendor reviews!

Florist: 
Donna at Central Market of N. Lamar is AMAZING!!!  Found her based on reviews here on the knot, and she did not disappoint!  She is super talented, and her prices are so reasonable!  Book her if you can!!

Cake:
We went with cupcakes.  Not our original plan, but so glad we did it!  SO much easier to deal with after!  Certsie's in Taylor, Texas (just north of Round Rock) is worth the drive! Curie's cupcakes are to die for!  And she is so nice and great to work with!

Hair/Make up:
The girls at Green Alley Salon are so fun!  They did all my hair and make up for engagements, bridals, and day of for everyone in my wedding.  Kelsie did hair, and Chelsea did make up.  We ended up getting ready at the salon, and I am so glad we did!! Their salon is the perfect backdrop for pictures! Definitely check them out! Oh, and the are very reasonably priced!

Alright, for the not so good list....

I had some issues with venues about 60 days out, so what we ended up with was not our first or even second choices unfortunately.  We ended up having to get married at Great Hils Baptist Church.  It was fine, but not what we wanted and definitely wish we didn't have to pay what we paid!  BUT, we were grateful they made exceptions for us to have it there.

Bella Notte on Main was where we had our reception, and it was kinda a nightmare.  They were hard to work with, and unprofessional.  We had breakfast for dinner at our reception, and they forgot our biscuits and gravy completley day of!  I mean, they completely forgot them!! THEN, when we called them after for a refund, they told us no!!! Can you believe it?!!  Said it wasn't their fault.  Well, then who's fault was it?  I had to argue with them for a solid hour, and then Tori said she would have to talk to the owner and then call me back.  No one called me back.  I ended up getting a very small check 4 days later.  Ridiculous.

Alterations:
Beatrice did my alterations, and she's a mess.  She thinks very highly of herself.  She ended up cutting too much off my dress, and had to work to fix it.  Gave me no compensaion at all for her mess up.  Had a hard time even owning her mistake.  After it was all said and done she thanked me for not freaking out on her.

Hope this helps! If you have any quesions, let me know!  Thanks to everyone who takes time to put helpful reviews! It helped me a lot throughout my planning process!

I had my own planner and ceremony music from out of town. 

Re: Just married!!! Vendor reviews

• erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratz on the marriage! It's nice when things go right. To bad you had problems with the venues and seamstress. Those are pretty big parts of the day. Thanks for the reviews.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, no, Beatrice has my dress and now I'm about to freak out. A girl at work recommended her and her reviews on other sites are good. I hope it was just a one-off thing...
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_just-married-vendor-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:126Discussion:4d29af8b-0fb0-417c-ac75-5a669e51fcf1Post:e487ff5f-6e79-4c20-8812-8ade5e83409e">Just married!!! Vendor reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]Florist:  Donna at Central Market of N. Lamar is AMAZING!!!  Found her based on reviews here on the knot, and she did not disappoint!  She is super talented, and her prices are so reasonable!  Book her if you can!! 
    Posted by txchick10[/QUOTE]

We have a meeting with her this weekend, so this is great to hear!

Congratulations!!
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • hnisaqthnisaqt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have to follow up about one of my vendors.  Got my bill for Green Alley Salon and they were a bit ridiculous in price.  Charged me $65 for my 5 year old flower girl!  I couldn't believe it!  Also, Kelsi and I had actually become friends throughout the process.  She even gave me some product, in fact snuck 2 Kevin Murphy products in my bag the day of my wedding.  I found it while I was packing for our honeymoon.  She came back and CHARGED me for everything she gave me!  So tacky!

Also, I actually went to the salon for my hair and makeup day of our wedding, but had her come to the church about 45 minutes before to touch everyone up after our first look pics.  Unfortunately it was a very windy day so a few of my girls needed some real work touching up.  BUT she ended up charging me $200 for that 45 minutes.  I couldn't believe it!  

I had a run through with Kelsie before the wedding, and it did not go very well.  She did my hair, and I didn't like it.  I told her, and she attempted to do what I liked, but I was nervous to say the least for day of hair.  Wedding day my hair was ok, but not amazing.  

I honestly couldn't use her for my color because my hair started turning grey after my second highlight from her, so I had to drive to Ft Worth to go to the hair dresser I've been going to for the past 15 years.    If you're blonde I would be weary going to her for color.  Waxing is average to below average as well.  Milk&Honey downtown does an amazing job.  Jen is who I  went to.  

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_just-married-vendor-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:126Discussion:4d29af8b-0fb0-417c-ac75-5a669e51fcf1Post:e4df9ecc-4444-471e-9ce5-257ebd9660ea">Re: Just married!!! Vendor reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have to follow up about one of my vendors.  Got my bill for Green Alley Salon and they were a bit ridiculous in price.  Charged me $65 for my 5 year old flower girl!  I couldn't believe it!  Also, Kelsi and I had actually become friends throughout the process.  She even gave me some product, in fact snuck 2 Kevin Murphy products in my bag the day of my wedding.  I found it while I was packing for our honeymoon.  She came back and CHARGED me for everything she gave me!  So tacky!  Also, I actually went to the salon for my hair and makeup day of our wedding, but had her come to the church about 45 minutes before to touch everyone up after our first look pics.  Unfortunately it was a very windy day so a few of my girls needed some real work touching up.  BUT she ended up charging me $200 for that 45 minutes.  I couldn't believe it!   I had a run through with Kelsie before the wedding, and it did not go very well.  She did my hair, and I didn't like it.  I told her, and she attempted to do what I liked, but I was nervous to say the least for day of hair.  Wedding day my hair was ok, but not amazing.   I honestly couldn't use her for my color because my hair started turning grey after my second highlight from her, so I had to drive to Ft Worth to go to the hair dresser I've been going to for the past 15 years.    If you're blonde I would be weary going to her for color.  Waxing is average to below average as well.  Milk&Honey downtown does an amazing job.  Jen is who I  went to.   Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions!
    Posted by hnisaqt[/QUOTE]

Yes, I had my hair cut once at Green Alley- it was awful and cost me $60!!!  I feel your pain there! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards