New Hampshire

PHOTOGRAPHER NEEDED!

So my first wedding nightmare is coming true:(  I have been having difficulties with my photographer to the point where I need to get a new one.  I am getting married NYE and I need to find one soon!!  I want one that takes lots of candid pictures with less formals.  Any help would be great!!  I am really stressing out now.  I was using Photographic Memory so please don't recommend them:( 

Re: PHOTOGRAPHER NEEDED!

• edited December 2011
    Rebecca Garone, Garone Photography www.garonephotography.com  
  • Starfish724Starfish724 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Geneve Hoffman Photography. Check out her blog, lots of photos on it: http://www.genevehoffmanblog.com/
  • lilybrad10lilybrad10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • lilybrad10lilybrad10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What happened? 
  • edited December 2011
    I just got married last friday and used Melinda Butler out of Nashua, she is awesome her website is Melindabutler.com
  • jesse1328jesse1328 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Garone Photography!!  My wedding is this weekend so as soon as I get back from Vegas I can email you our pictures if want to check them out!!  Shoot me an email at jessperry2 at gmail dot com if you are interested!
  • edited December 2011
    Call Kevin Jacobus. He is absolutely fantastic. I have not heard a bride who has used him who was unhappy with their experience. He is calm, and will work with you to do what you want. He also works within your budget. My daughter's wedding is on his website with a slideshow. www.kevinjacobusphoto.com (Jill and Matt's wedding)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with APM.My friend recently used Thomas Michael Photography out of Hudson, NH for her July wedding and loved their work.  http://www.thomasmichaelphotography.com/Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    we're working with Jonathan Daisy - our wedding hasn't happened just yet but our communication has been great so far.  Here's his blog & site. GL! http://daisydesignphoto.blogspot.com/www.daisydesignphotography.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Ali Rosa was absolutely amazing! She will shoot whatever and however you want her to. We wanted the traditional formals along with candids and she did amazing! Just so you know... you aren't alone... I had to "fire" my photographer/videographer like 3 months from the wedding also... we ended up booking Ali 2 months out because she had a cancellation... and I feel so blessed that I got her. We lost our deposit and it was a difficult choice to make... but I wanted to be sure that I got a good photographer. GL!
  • ddumireddumire member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Luck!  I can't recommend any photographers as my wedding is over a year away, but I looked at APM and didn't care for their style.I booked Alyssa Duncan Photography in Portsmouth and I liked DiMattia Photography in Concord.  Their styles were more candid and less formal.
  • klkane7klkane7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a long story about what happened and I'd rather tell it once I get all my money back:) I just didn't want to spend the next four months worrying if they were going to show up. So I'm starting all over again!!! Thanks for the suggestions. I am looking for more candids than formals and I don't think we'd even get albums but rather the rights to all of the pictures. Thanks again!!
  • ninnypooperninnypooper member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved my photographer. His name is John Gauvin from Studio One (he owns the studio). I highly recommend him. If you want to see my pictures, I'd be happy to share. Email me at nicoleo109@hotmail.com  GL with your search!
  • Puppylove8/21Puppylove8/21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've booked Susan Donovan, shes located in Hampton. She can be a little pricey, but I love her work. She's awesome. 603.944.5288 She can send you some pictures to check out. Good Luck with your search.
  • edited December 2011
    Allison Hope Photography I adore her!
  • edited December 2011
    I am SO sorry to hear about your experience with APM. I actually had a very similar one with them as well and we too lost over $2,000. But, I can tell you that you will be better off in the long run even if it means being out some cash. I would recommend Melinda Butler out of Nashua. She does INCREDIBLE work and very candid. I am actually flying my photographers in from another state so if you're interested in going that route I would be glad to give you their information. They are the most amazing photographers I have come across and they are a pleasure to work with. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards