Not Engaged Yet

It's around the corner!

The last time i posted i talked about How me and my bf went ring shopping. Well I beleive it was 3 or 4 days ago..We went back to the jewlery store to "check in" haha. We looked at mens wedding bands to get an idea of how much it would be..btw women get off way to easy in that department !! Anywho they said they had 3 new settings in..and They brought out the first NEW setting.....and ,Yep I fell in love,tears in the eyes,didn't want to take it off my hand love. We compared the"NEW" setting to the setting we liked..and man was it so easy to know that the "new" was IT! So my bf asked if I would leave the store and sit in the car while he chatted...The Next day....Work was good ,came home..BF said he had to leave for 30 min. I started to cook dinner..He came back nervous and said he needed to eat..so we ate and then he left again. He came back 2 hrs later..and finally told me he had went back to the jewlery store to look at 2 more diamonds..center stones only..and that he made his way over to my parents and asked for my hand in marriage..HOLYMOTHA! So I'm so excited..I still don't consider myself engaged..but it's just around the corner :) I hope everyone has a lovely Weekend !!!!

Re: It's around the corner!

• edited December 2011
    That sounds great. Good luck being patient. I know it can be hard at times.
  • edited December 2011
    It's exciting to find THE ring - I know when my fiance and I were looking I fell in love with the first one I tried on and the others I tried after that just couldn't compare. Try to be patient - I think we all know how hard that one is though : )
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • prettynpink81prettynpink81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it is hard waiting for sure!!! I've been on that train for about a year and a half going on 2 yrs :) So whats a couple more months haha..It is tempting to dive into planning..But I just don't want to make anything pemermanent or plan anything until It's Offical. Meaning Bend and Knee..Diamond Ring..etc..hahha
  • edited December 2011
    How exciting!! Good luck being patient. Knowing all that and having to wait would drive me crazy. lol
  • edited December 2011
    Haha, good luck being patient!BF has had my ring since May 2008 and just called my dad yesterday.  He said it's going to be a bit longer because he wants to surprise me, but I can't help being excited. :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck being patient! My BF just asked me this weekend if I wanted to go look at rings with him one night this week so we can find out what style I like. You woulda thought he had just popped the question as excited as I got about this! I can't imagine how impatient I'll be after I actually try rings on! Hope he proposes soon for you!!
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations and best of luck being patient. I am also in the same boat and honestly am only waiting for the ring to be paid off. However I am still happy as could be knowing that I am going to spend the rest of my life loving him and the ring!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on finding a ring you love.But Im gonna say that you shouldnt get too excited and get your hopes up. My FI bought my ring 4 months before he asked me and also asked my dad about a month and a half before the proposal. I didnt know he had bought a ring or anything but I know several girls on here who's FIs waited quite some time (over 6 months). Tell your FI not to tell you that stuff cuz you don't want to get anxious and inpatient!He will do it when HE is ready and that may not be for a while so, hold off planning until its official cuz it will be more special and fun (and for sure). I don't mean to put a damper on your post, Im just trying to be realistic
    imageAnniversary
  • prettynpink81prettynpink81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No Worries. Like I said in my post above..I am making no plans until it's offical. i'm just enjoying this moment and embraceing the wait. I have waited for about 2 yrs now so even if it was 6 months from now I'll be ok. I'm just excited and coming up with ideas here and there. Now that football season has started today it will making time pass by faster :) haha Hope everyone has a blessed weekend!!!! Roll Tide Roll!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards