New York-Hudson Valley

New Rochelle Venues?

Hello Knoties!I'm very new to this, but have already found these message boards so helpful!  I am planning a wedding for next July for 150-175 people, and am hoping to keep costs at or below $130pp, but still end up at a nice place.  I looked at 3 places in NR this weekend -- the Davenport, the Greentree Country Club, and Beckwithe Pointe -- and am wondering if anyone has looked at, or had their wedding, at any of these places, and could offer me some advice?  I was concerned that the 2 weddings taking place at the same time at Beckwithe would be able to hear each other, that the Davenport might be too small to fit our guests or would have food that isn't good (they won't do tastings)...  We are open to ANY suggestions of places that are within a 30 min drive of Rye/Mamaroneck/Harrison.  Thanks so much!   :-)

Re: New Rochelle Venues?

• lawyer707lawyer707 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out my planning blog for some venues. They are towards the beginning of the entries. GL!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at VIP and although their rates are much much higher, we were able to negotiate a rate of $120 pp on a Friday night for about 200 people. I would definitely check it out, it is GORGEOUS! I've heard great things about the Davenport but have never been there. I would highly recommend Greentree! Know lots of people who got married there and you get a lot for your $. The people there are also super nice. I would avoid Beckwithe ... everyone gets taken in by their views (which are stunning) but the venue itself isn't that nice and the woman we dealt with while we were looking (Linda) was really really not nice. Also, they weren't really willing to negotiate in terms of price. I'd also check out the Fountainhead in new rochelle.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Surf Club.  For a Saturday night we're paying $130 pp, its less on Friday/Sunday.
  • edited December 2011
    I am having me reception at Beckwith in 13days WOOHOO!!  LOL!! For a Sunday we are paying $125 tax, tip and choclate fountain (an extra) included.  We are the only wedding that day.  We have been to two tasting and the food has been fantastic both times.  We know two other couples getting married there as well one month after us.  Every time I tell some one where we are having it, I always here great things about and am told I will not be dissapointed.  Beckwith was the last place we looked after looking for three months, we had that "WOW" factor when you walk in.  We have been dealing with Mike and he always gets back to me in a timely manor, and if he is not there whoever answers the phone always offers to help us.  I will be posting reviews about everything after our wedding.  If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
  • .jae..jae. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely look into the Glen Island. It’s gorgeous, right on the water in New Roc. If you use the bigger room you have floor to ceiling windows that look out onto a terrace and the water is right there. Stunning. I’ve never heard a single bad review of the GI. I almost booked here and I worked with Rocco. He was really great and he was willing to work with us on the price. It’s definitely doable to get it into the range you’re looking for if you’re willing to negotiate. It never hurts to ask! But it’s a great area, there are so many places. I’ve also heard good reviews for the VIP, Greentree, Surf Club, etc.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I had my reception at Greentree on 7/11 and I would recommend them in a heartbeat! Our wedding was absolutely flawless. They were right on point with every detail. I was at a family party this weekend and everyone was still raving about the food and the service. As for 2 weddings going on at one time, I never even saw the bride and groom and I was looking lol because they also had a tiffany blue wedding and their groomsmen had the same tuxes as ours! I have a more detailed review and pics in my bio. Let me know if you have any specific questions!
  • mmo510mmo510 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, these boards are great :)Like the other ladies on here have mentioned already, I have heard great things about Greentree.  Also, tons of raves on Glen Island. As for as other places close to where you are looking, I would also recommend checking out some of the Jean-Jacques properties.  I think their price for Saturdays falls in to your range for quite a few of their properties.  I am working with Jeanette- you can check out their venues here:  http://www.jean-jacques.com/catering_venues.htmOh and you are looking for something a bit different, check out Wainwright House in Rye.Good luck!
  • jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Glen Island, and it is absolutely gorgeous. I'm getting married on a Saturday in May, so it's a little more expensive than your price point, but they were willing to negotiate and the prices on friday and sunday are much more reasonable. Beckwith Point drew me in at first, but the room they showed me had no separate area for the cocktail hour. They just use dividers in your main ballroom which looked awful. I've been to a wedding there since originally looking there for myself and the food was not up to par with other places in NR. I also recommend VIP and Surf Club, those were my second and third choices after Glen Island. Again, they are more than 130$ for a Saturday night in July, so it depends on how willing you are to have a friday or sunday date or a afternoon wedding. HTH!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Forgot to mention that we paid $141/pp including tax and gratuity for a Saturday night wedding in July at Greentree. I know they've raised their prices since we booked, but like pp said, there is always Friday night or Saturday or Sunday afternoon which would be less...
  • edited December 2011
    Greentree, Greentree, Greentree!!!  I cannot say enough wonderful things about them from the planning to the day of.  Every step of the way we felt completely comfortable and had a flawless day.  Nearly 6 months later, our guests are still raving about the food and service.  My wedding bio (in my signature) has a number of pics inside the venue as well as my complete review.  You just can't go wrong with them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Canon 50D, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, Speedlite 430EX II

• edited December 2011
    VIP.  I booked in 2006 and we were married in 2008.  I paid less than anyone on the board is mentioning, but we did book early (sorry ladies).  The food was terrific.  Tom Esposito and his team were on point with all of my DIY boxes that I dropped off.  The bridal assistant, Chris was there whenever I needed him (after our first dance I had asked Chris to make sure my flip flops were under our sweetheart table so I could change without anyone seeing - and they were!)  I left my bouquet at the venue when we left, I was so excited and everything was there for me the next morning.  The staff offered seconds to my guests, they went from table to table offering to let them try any of the other meals that they didn't choose.  I've never been to a wedding where they did that!!  There were a few things I wish I would've known, like that dates for tastings were hard to come by - we live 2 hours away in Jersey, so it's not like we could stop by any day/night for the tasting, we ultimately didn't do one.  If you think of anything you're interested in particular about, email me.  I'd be happy to help.Sorry...that was one huge paragraph!
  • zandrakzandrak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, thank you SO MUCH, everyone, for your incredibly helpful responses!  I am feeling so much better about the whole planning process now, with all this great information!  Thanks for the insights and all the good luck wishes -- and good luck (or congrats!) to all you ladies, as well!  :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards