California-San Diego

Officiant: Pastor Mike Mitschke

I was hoping for some reviews of the officiant that John and I are using - Pastor Mike Mitschke.  He's met with us once and was pretty nice in person, with tons of of helpful hints and ideas.However, he will NOT do a rehearsal with us, and he will NOT arrive early for the ceremony - our start time is noon, and he says he'll be there at noon... not even a tiny bit early.I've emailed him my ceremony ideas and asked for his opinions, but that only replies I get are one sentence long blurbs about how good it sounds and he'll me at noon on 9/26... that's it.Has anyone used him???  Please let me know your experience -- I know one other couple that used him, and he wouldn't do a rehearsal with them either, but things went great on their actual wedding day... maybe I shouldn't be worried???  :(

Re: Officiant: Pastor Mike Mitschke

• edited December 2011
    I'll let you know after Sunday :0) He let me know that he will be there 15 mins or so early. We knew that he did not do rehersals, but he did meet with us ahead of time last week to go over everything. Everyone that used him said he was great. I think you'll be fine.
  • edited December 2011
    That's great to hear -- I'm glad someone else is having a good experience so far with him.  Like I said, he's been nothing but nice, but we've just been worried about how... casual, he is about the whole thing. Maybe its because he does a wedding every weekend and its business as usual for him - I'm also a worrier, so that doesn't help!
  • ajopusajopus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our florist actually just recommended him to us. She didn't mention anything about reliability, but I doubt she would have brought him up if he weren't reliable! I'd be nervous too, but he is a pro and I'm sure everything will be perfect :)
  • alidankalidank member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used him for our July wedding, and I wouldn't say I was overwhelmed with him, we had similar problems with the time leading up to the wedding. He didn't tell us he wouldn't do our rehearsal until pretty close to the wedding, and our planner who recommended him did a terrible job at the rehearsal. He was tough to get ahold of and seemed to not remember us every time we met with him. That said, the ceremony itself was beautiful, he was on time, used the vows we had chosen... my only complaint during the ceremony was that he said he'd be very specific about everything we needed to do, and when it came time for the sand ceremony he didn't really tell us what to do. Otherwise, considering how worried I was, he really did a great job.
  • vschaefervschaefer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pastor Mike is wonderful and is recommended by many vendors in the wedding community. If you have a coordinator - an option is to have the coordinator run your rehearsal for you. He's done so many weddings - I wouldn't be the least bit worried!
  • edited December 2011
    we are using him and so far so good :) wedsing is in 57 days but he has been great so far and has been making suggestions and meeting with is. he has been very flexible. i am not worried :)
  • edited December 2011
    We used Pastor Mike, I really didn't even think about having him arrive at the ceremony early. But for us he did say he usually doesn't do the rehearsal but he did end up coming to ours and helping us because without him we would have been a mess, we didn't know anything about who should walk when.  At first he had 2 other weddings booked on our rehearsal afternoon & evening and one must have cancelled because he did end up coming even thought we had to rush through it because he did have a wedding to be at.  When he wasn't able to come he did mention that he would be able to come another time to explain to us what we would need to do/practice at the rehearsal, so maybe he can at least do that if you are completely lost.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards