Arkansas
Options

Bridal Expo (yesterday)

Did any of you go? I went with my mom, fmil, fsil, and one of my bridesmaids.  We had a great time and got so many good ideas.I'm a little sad, though! There was a string quartet there and since I was little, I've always wanted one at my wedding--well they are out of my budget! And theknot booth was EMPTY by the time I got there! UGH! lol anyway, it was definitely worth the trip up there :)

Re: Bridal Expo (yesterday)

• Options
    sucrets4sucrets4 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know much about the area, but have you thought about looking into college musicians?  We paid $350 for our string quartet in NY.  The cellist is a friend of mine, but that's what she said they charged.  They're all in college, but they were fantastic.  I wish I had contacts down here to help you out with!  If you don't mind me asking, what is your budget?  Fwiw, I'm a singer and flautist and will play for you if you'd like.  :)
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't even think about checking into the colleges! That's something I'd have to look into.  Our budget has changed drastically since the wedding planning started because my dad was laid off from work, and so now it's coming mainly out of mine and Josh's pocket, but his parents are helping out a great deal, too. I played flute in school! How funny!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A little late on the post, but this is my second expo. It was not nearly as great as the January expo. I can't wait to go the the Jan 2010 bridal fair! I always find stuff there that I really want but can't afford. :( Music is something that I am trying to nail down. I was at a cocktail party a few weeks back and there was a lady there playing a nice keyboard and singing. Towards the end of the night she was playing songs like a dj. I think it was through her iPod. I asked her if she would do a wedding and she said yes for about $500, including the reception. That sounds awesome to me. I had initially wanted to go with Tragikly White, but they are like $4000!!!! Bumped that...LOL
    Just Married!!!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards