Ohio-Cleveland
Options

XP A seemingly impossible task any takers?

I'd like to know if anyone around us was able to pull off feeding people for under $10 per person. Due to a huge medical emergency that used not only our savings funds plus some wedding money, our already budget wedding was cut into further.. alot further.. leaving us with about $4,000 for a 120 person wedding. That is only family and about 5 friends, that we are both close to. We both have huge families and they are very tight knit. I was thinking of self catering.. but if I can avoid it, I'd like to. It is going to be hard enough to peel myself away from my dream ceremony and reception cites, but I have to, so any Ideas for a cheap, but beautiful place to hold both would be amazing. We are in the Lorain/Elyria/Amherst area as are 90% of our guests. It is sad that we had the accident, but honestly, i'm more satisfied with pushing the wedding back from this April, to next april '11, and having a healthy and living FI. A lot of our plans have to be changed drastically, but we are trying to still get everyone together,and celebrate that we are married and still try to keep it a bit more traditional ad classy. Thanks ahead of time for the help! I'm also going to cross post this with the cleveland board and the NE OH board. Thanks again! 

Re: XP A seemingly impossible task any takers?

• Options
    swtasaswtasa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yes actually their is hope! A friend of mine told me what her sister did for her wedding, Heinen's apparently is able to sell larges amounts of food for relatively cheap. Then she got a few college kids to work as servers. She said the price averaged out to about $1 per person. :-) You also can buy lots of pre-made food from places like Walmart and things like that, serve buffet style, they even sell really nice plastic forks and plates that look like real dinnerware now

Good luck and I'm sorry to hear about your emergency

Vacation
  • Options
    peachsabellapeachsabella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow $1.00 a person? Do you know what she served? I'm trying to find an actual hall or place also but the hard part is if I don't have a caterer, alot of them won't allow us to bring food (liability). I'll keep trying and I will definitely look into Heinens! thank you. 
  • Options
    swtasaswtasa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have a 120 people so that's a bit too large for my church however they're relatively cheap

http://www.churchatstonyhill.com/

They have a banquet room and it's in a really nice area. They'll let you bring your own food, the people at the church are great :-)

I have no idea what she got, I was just concerned about the amount of money we're spending on the wedding. You can also look at restaurants too like KFC and things like that. Or mexican restaurants which typically serve lots of food for little money (Moes does catering)
    Vacation
  • Options
    peachsabellapeachsabella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you swtasta! I checked out the link and I am sending an e-mail tonight. :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Try looking into Fligner's in Lorain for catering. I can't remember exactly how much it was but I do know that I was surprised at how cheap it was.

I am in Elyria, but my parents are in Fairview Park. They have the new Gemeni Center, which is really nice, and you bring your own catering. With Security, which you need to have if there's alcohol, it's like $80 or $90 and hour.

Hope this helps!

JP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sterks Catering is good too. I used them for my first wedding. We did a 3 meat option with 3 sides 2 salads coffee tea lemonade, linens, silverware, plates and glassware for less than 15.
    They are in Vermilion.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check Ahern Catering too...they're in Olmsted Township, not far at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards