Wedding Party

female best man?

My fiancee is thinking he may want his best female friend to act as best man.  What would we call her since she is not a man? Best woman sounds a little odd.  I'm sure other couples have gone with this nontraditional situation, and am curious as to what they have used as a title.Thanks!

Re: female best man?

• Best woman sounds fine to me.  You could always call her an honor attendant.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Best Woman is fine. So is the tolitle, Groom's Attendant.
  • Honor Attendant
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Best woman Honor Attendant
  • My friends FH started off thinking the same ecen asked her etc but here a month before it just got weird & they changed it... she dropped out totally by her own choice but if it something you don tmind fine but I think that unless they are truly best friends... it is a bit uncomfotable... in this case they had dated breifly before... neverthe less the bride was like ok but never 100% so it has all worked out but... it can be a bit uncomfotable
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards