Ohio-Cincinnati

Reception Sites

I am looking for an affordable reception site for about 150 people, I am on a budget, so the more affordable the better!

Re: Reception Sites

• edited December 2011
    What is your definition of 'affordable'?  Is your date set in stone?  September is one of the busiest months, meaning less deals to be had.  What look are you going for?  Outside, romantic, vintage, etc.  Any ideas as far as that goes? Also, a belated welcome to the boards!
  • afloggieafloggie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My date is September 24, its a Friday. I am looking for under $5000 with beer and wine.
  • jd_venicejd_venice member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Embassy Suites RiverCenter (NKY). It's really affordable, your minimum is based on the number of people you're having (not some preset amount), some of the packages include really basic flowers, and there are lots of different packages to chose from. The thing that really sold us was parking is included.
  • edited December 2011
    Honestly, I would check into the Cincinnati Club (review and pics in my married bio).  We ended up only having 100 instead of the 150 we had planned, but we chose the most expensive dinner options, had a full top-shelf open bar all night, and went through three cases of champagne, and we were still just a little above that price point.
  • edited December 2011
    I have the same amount of people and we are on a budget too, so we are using The Plantation Club at Twin Oaks Golf Course in Latonia, KY. The clubhouse is beautiful. It is $28.95 per person and that includes a big buffet, appetizers, 4 kinds of beer and wine, centerpieces, cake cutting, chair covers for the BP tables, with no seperate room rental fee. It was right around $5000, but you save money by doing all inclusive. The people there are really nice and it has a great veranda! Also, any of the Receptions is pretty affordable. Just be careful with some places that seem cheap at first, because by time you pay everything seperately, it adds up fast! One of my friends turned down our place because she thought it was too expensive, so by the time she did everything a la carte, she spent way more. Good luck! Let us know what you find!
  • edited December 2011
    These are some places that I looked into. Many of them included beer and wine in the buffet price. I believe all had options well under $30 a person. 1. Tori's Station in Fairfield, OH 2. Beckett Ridge Golf Club in West Chester 3. GEEAA Park near Tri-County 4. Aston Oaks Golf Club
  • edited December 2011
    Receptions also is very affordable on fridays!
  • edited December 2011
    Alright, under $5,000.  When you figure the 20% tax/service charge that is fairly standard among halls, that leaves you right at $4100.  $4100/150 guests is right at $27/person.   On a Friday, it is possible.  Our menu started at $29.99/person on Friday, including beer, wine, setup, teardown, linens, chair covers, etc..  We were at the Newport Syndicate, although it's not for everyone (much more a party/vintage setting than a romantic setting).  You could also find a place like the Hamilton County Parks lodges that might work with your budget. 
  • DebbydewDebbydew member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    definitely check into tori's station. They have some gorgeous rooms for $22/per person including linens, centerpieces, room rental, beer, wine and buffet.
  • dawnfraleydawnfraley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if you are looking on the west side of town or not but I was just at a reception this past weekend at The Meadows in Addyston. Their website is themeadowsbanquet.com and the food was really good! I know it included beer & wine in the package. I've looked in to it myself and they don't have any service charges. Receptions is also reasonably priced! Happy planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards