Chinese Weddings
Options

Tea Ceremony Music

What is usually played in the background during a tea ceremony, if anything? If nothing if there any type of dialogue that the MC or Bride and Groom should say?

Re: Tea Ceremony Music

• Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have any music playing. Basically, we said, "(Name), drink tea" and then they took a sip, and said something nice to us like "100 years of happiness" or whatever, and gave us the red pocket and gift. It was very simple and quick.I should probably note that we did ours privately, i.e. only those who were involved attended. Our other guests were not there to observe. So the people who were there, knew what was going on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our tea ceremony during our American dinner reception and I had bought a double cd of instrumental music at a bookstore in Philly Chinatown.  I chose a handful of the songs that I liked and ripped them onto a CD for our DJ.Since we had an American DJ/MC I wrote up a script that my younger sister read to explain the tea ceremony.  To make it go faster, we had everyone sit in a semi-circle so that we wouldn't have to wait for each couple to get up and walk to the chairs on the dance floor and then drink and go back while we waited for the next couple.  My younger sister introduced each couple individually who took their seats and then indicated we would now begin the tea ceremony and that was the queue for the DJ to start the music.At the end, my sister indicated that it was the conclusion of the tea ceremony. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also did not have music during the tea ceremony. The representative took care of the dialogue for telling us what to do. Then, when we offered tea, our families spoke with their wishes and we didn't want their voices to go unheard.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards