Texas-Austin

A few vendor questions

So...I've lurked on here for a while but don't usually post, but I saw my 'days til the wedding' and had a mini freak out! 

I tried to search back a bit and didn't find anything on these two vendors.....

I went to an Alfred Angelo Girls Night Out a while back and Texas Pro DJ was there. Anthony was really fun and friendly with great music, but I'm not finding many reviews so I wanted to check and see if any other knotties had used him and what they thought.

Second, the 'prefered' caterer with our venue(Casa Blanca) is Catering with a Twist and Cassie is super nice, but it seems she is new and I wanted some reviews before making a huge commitment with food.

All of you ladies are so helpful I thought I'd do a little asking!

Re: A few vendor questions

• SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Janice, I am a Casa Blanca bride as well. I met the catering with a twist people when I went to meet with their DJ last week (who is phenomenal BTW), but I wasn't so impressed by their personalities. When we booked there, their preferred caterer was Sterling Affairs, and I don't know why they switched.

We are using Liz with Exquisite Cuisine. She rocks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I saw Anthony at an event a while back and loved him too! He is really friendly and kept the crowd going all night!
  • edited December 2011
    I am also a Casa Blanca bride! I am using Catering w/ a Twist. I really like Kassie. She is super friendly. I have got multiple estimates/qoutes from her and she has been nothing but helpful. Her prices are super resonable too. I got qoutes from 4 different caterers. I would suggest setting up a tasting with her because once you taste the food you will be hooked. Also a huge plus with me is she answers emails the same day or the next morning. My wedding is September 25th so I will give detailed reviews after the wedding. And if you have any questions i'll answer any. A tasting is free for up to 4 people. PM me if you have any questions about Catering w/ a Twist.
    Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • janice827janice827 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls for your input! I feel like I need to step it up and start booking away. I feel like all I do is 'wedding research!'
  • rerawaltrerawalt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not trying to take over your post, but I just wanted to ask for more details about Casa Blanca.  I've contacted them a few times but gotten nothing back.  How did you guys manage to get a response? 
    b
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have to call. LeeAnn is really bad with email. However, she will talk on the phone all day. They have an open house every wednesday night, so one of their coordinators is there from like 630 on. You can either call and let them know you are coming, or just walk in. Last week the DJ and Catering with a Twist were both there as well meeting with people. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011

I called and said I would be coming to the open house and she were very inviting. Leanne told me she is bad with her email becuase literally everytime anyone looks at casa blanca's website she gets an email sent to her. So it's super hard for her to go thru junk and legit emails. Call her and she answers every time.

Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • edited December 2011

My brother used Anthony with Texas Pro DJ. Great wedding. Anthony did a very good job. I am not using them, however, I selected Greenbelt DJ. TX Pro is just a bit too expensive for me. I am paying for most of the wedding myself.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards