Texas-Austin

wedding venues

Hi Everyone! I guess im the new bride to be! I am living in San Francisco but my fiance and I are both from Austin and coming home for our wedding. Anyone have suggestions for venues? We are coming home for thanksgiving to check some out so if anyone has suggestions that would be great! Thanks for your help!Laury

Re: wedding venues

• shanwalk2shanwalk2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding at Vintage Villas and loved it. Pictures in bio. We also considered Winfield Inn, Villa Antonia, Nature's Point. Good luck!
  • txgirl7txgirl7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our venue is Casablanca on Brushy Creek and I absolutely love it... we're getting married next march... it's a home they turned into a wedding facility and is so beautiful and on a creek where you can hear the water surrounded by trees... you should check it out! :) Good luck!
  • may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were married at the Caswell House -- it's beautiful and very reasonably priced.  The venue is in the downtown area, close to UT.  In fact, from its balcony, the state capital is visible.www.caswellhouse.org
  • MnMShawMnMShaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Reunion Ranch in Georgetown
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
  • AggieDanerAggieDaner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using the Texas Federation of Women's Clubs Mansion (you can find it by googling "The Mansion"). It's an all indoor venue and it's located pretty close to downtown at 24th and San Gabriel. We just loved the Georgian room (where we're having the ceremony) and the ballroom, and they let you choose whatever vendors you want aside from the rentals. That was really important to us since we already had a caterer we wanted and most venues require you to use one that they've already chosen.
  • selinacvselinacv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our reception is at Twelve Oaks Ranch.  I love it!  you can also see a list of venues on the Austin Knottie Page (link in siggy). Good luck!
  • Mrs.PurdueMrs.Purdue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats!  do you have any ideas on what kind of venue you're looking for?  indoor?  outdoor?  ceremony combined with reception, or separate?  what time of year?  how many guests? downtown/intimate/country/rustic/lake view?  i'm sure we can all give you a bunch of suggestions once we've narrowed it down a bit!FWIW, my ceremony was at University Presbyterian and reception at the Austin Club (although we were at Shoreline Grill before we ran out of space). 
    image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at San Michele in Buda, and LOVE it! Other venues I like are Villa Antonia, The Allan House, Star Hill Ranch, Barr Mansion, Nature's Point, Laguna Gloria, The Plantation House, Hamilton Twelve, and The Winfield Inn... there's TONS of stuff though, you can find a lot on The Knot, or on the Austin Wedding Guide website. [url]http://www.austinweddings.com/facilitiesdirectory.shtml[/url] If you're willing to go a bit farther, and have a good sized budget, Horseshoe Bay is also amazing. Or if you're looking for a nice hotel ballroom, try the Glass Oaks Ballroom at the Renaissance Hotel in the Arboretum. The Driskill Hotel is awesome too, and The Four Seasons is right on the lake, and you can have your ceremony outdoors there as well as an indoor reception.
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    wow thanks for your feedback everyone! I actually have a time set up to see vintage villas! We are getting married in January. I want an outdoor ceremony and reception weather permitting, but also need to make sure that if the weather is too cold it can be moved inside easily.  Dont want anything too fancy and stiff, but not so relaxed im eating hamburgers or something casual. It will be around 80 people.
  • meganrosejmeganrosej member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Vista on Seward Hill. I think it can fit 100-150 people, although I think it works best for smaller weddings.  It is has both indoor and outdoor spaces.  I am in love with it.
  • lgurnielgurnie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Barr Mansion in October. I have found planning to be SO easy with my coordinator, Abby, there. I live in Oklahoma and have had no problems planning from a distance. There are several outdoor options for the ceremony and the Ballroom for the reception is casual, but elegant. I like that everything is included...no rentals needed...cake, food, ceremony, linens, plates, silverware, etc. For me, it took a lot of the trouble out of planning. I HIGHLY reccommend it based on my experience so far.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm in a similar situation. The FI and I are from Austin, but I'm in grad school at Cornell and he moved up here with me. I chose Vintage Villas because they're pretty much all inclusive, reasonably priced, and BEAUTIFUL. It's definitely worth looking into. Good luck!
    planning bio
    "My favorite color is fluorescent beige."
  • jervin1996jervin1996 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at House on the Hill and it was wonderful.  We had it from Thur night to Sunday at noon.  It was great having the wedding I wanted without a time constraint on anything.  There are also rooms for family to stay if that is something you are interested in.  More than happy to answer any questions about the place.  Good luck in your search.
  • erin&andyerin&andy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at One World Theatre and had our reception at Palm Door.  We loved both of them, but I have to super rave about the Palm Door.  Those girls are fantastic!!  So if you're looking for something downtown, it's a great space. It's really reasonably priced and the service can't be beat.
  • edited December 2011
    We got marreid at Hyatt Lost Pines and we loved it!
  • cmb12185cmb12185 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Terrace Club in Dripping Springs.  Outdoor but has the option for an indoor backup plan.
  • edited December 2011
    I wish that I would have known about this place before I booked my venue. A very good friend had her reception at Heritage Oaks Clubhouse in Georgetown this weekend. Rents for 100.00 per hour. Simply stunning place. www.heritageoaksclubhouse.comPatricia is the manager and excellent to work with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards