New Mexico
Options

Taos, NM Wedding?

I'm currently considering a wedding in Taos, NM. I can't seem to find a whole lot of venders there. Has anyone else had a Taos wedding? We will be having a small ceremony with immediate family and little or no reception. My original plan was to just rent a very large vacation home that will sleep everyone and have the ceremony in the backyard. Again little to no response from any rental agencies either. Is this an usual thing to do? Thanks everyone!

Re: Taos, NM Wedding?

• Options
    sandy02sandy02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married in Ruidoso (another beautiful mountain town) I had some great vendors there if you decide to switch mt. towns! ;0)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
  • Options
    tarcyrtarcyr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We opted to do ours in Corrales, but we looked at Casa Bellisima in Taos, it was a "unique" house with a beautiful courtyard a bit on the pricey side for us. Also the San Geronimo lodge was great too - and pretty inexpensive - we are only having about 40 people - they were only going to charge us $600 for the facility, and then 10% off of the rooms. Stay away from Casa Benavidas - the woman was very pushy and she never got me a price. http://www.adobeabodes.com/pages/properties.php http://www.sangeronimolodge.com/ Good luck!
  • Options
    alatham45alatham45 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will look into the Casa Bellissima. Thank you for you help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Taos is a very small village and doesn't have tons of vendors to choose from. It's not big enough to really have a whole destination wedding industry, eirther. Most renta; agencies don't rent out to parties. So if you mentioned you want to have a weddig there, they maynot want the business. Like many places in NM, you can get a bit of The Land of Manana. Your best bet is to physically call people and get a live person on the phone. i would look into the B &Bs - a lot of them do weddings. Also, some of the resteraunts (Stakehouse comes to mind) that have nice patios. you also might look into Embudo Station. It's one of my favorite places in NM - right on the Rio Grande, great food, good staff. It just reopened and is an old rail station.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards