California-Orange County
Options

Ordered my dress!!

I cannot even believe I ordered my dress today. My mom and I stopped in david's bridal (i NEVER thought i would shop there) and found THE dress. with the sale i got $100 off, plus i got a $50 off coupon at the expo, and it was more perfect than the $1500 designer one i originally thought i wanted.. AMAZING! it is style # sv9563
Meagan and Travis
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BFP 2/27/11 Missed M/C 4/2/11
BFP 6/8/11 Delilah Rae born February 17, 2012
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ordered my dress!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Doesn't it feel good to finally find it? My cousin's wife wore that dress for their beach wedding a few weeks ago haha.
  • Options
    mariellernmariellern member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yayyy congrats to you....i am super leary of buying there too...please let me know how it all goes.... i seriously dont want to spend a load for a dress i will wear ONCE!!!!
    TheKnot.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mariellern- i went to mariposa first and found a dress i thought i loved, but it was the only one they had in that style so i wasnt sure if i loved the dress or the style. so when i got home i searched EVERYWHERE online for more like, and stumbled upon one at david's bridal. but i thought there is NO WAY i am going there. but i made an appointment anyway because i thought it would be stupid not to because of the sale on top of their prices. the lady on the phone said it would take 2 hours because of the registering process and trying on dresses, even though i told her i only wanted to try on this one!! but i ended up going anyway, they took me early, and it was the most non-pressure environment ever, WAY better than i expected. the sales person didnt even notice i wasnt wearing the special bra or bridal slip and she let me dance around in my dress as long as i wanted. so.... so far the experience has been a complete 180 from what i expected!!
    Meagan and Travis
  • Options
    IfferMarieIfferMarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What initially caused you to be hesitant about buying your dress there?It's very pretty!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it wasnt as much a hesitation as it was stubborness. i was determined to have a designer dress. but when i couldnt find a designer dress just like i wanted i had no choice but to try david's bridal because they were the ones with the dress. the hesitation didnt set in until i called them. they told me my appointment would take TWO hours.. just to try on ONE dress. and they told me it was because they will show me stuff for the wedding party, make me try undergarments blah blah blah. so thats where i got hesitant. but when i went, it wasn't nearly as bad as the girl on the phone made it sound. it was not crowded and completely pressure free. the sales person even let me prance around the store in it for like 30ish minutes. so now i'm more of a "fan" of DB
    Meagan and Travis
  • Options
    leffyinocleffyinoc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on getting the dress! It's so pretty! I just bought mine too from Mary Me Bridal in Orange, CA. I've heard mixed reviews about this place but had wonderful service and they carried a lot of beautiful dresses but I found the one and it was the first dress I tried on! Now on to the rest of planning...have fun! P.S. How did you get the "I do" countdown on your page. Very cool.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards