Maryland-Baltimore
Options

furious----Grey Rock Brides

So I had my last appointment with Grey Rock for my upcoming September wedding this weekend and during my meeting I learned that the tent in the backyard is no longer an open air tent...it now has "permenant" side that they refuse to take off....so completely the opposite of what a TENT IS...I am furious.  The sides have been up since April and they didn't tell any of their brides until they went to see it or had their last appointment before their wedding....I am so mad at how they handled this and the entire reason we picked this venue was because of the tent and wanting an OUTDOOR tent wedding....uggghany other Grey Rock brides dealing with this?  Are you as mad as I am?

Re: furious----Grey Rock Brides

• Options
    ajerome21ajerome21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am sorry to hear that.  I am not a Grey Rock bride but my coworker is booking there for June, 2010.  I will let him know. I understand your frustration but I am sure you wedding and reception will be perfect!! I would ask them what if anything they could do for you (discount, extras), due to them not informing you of us and the extra stress they have caused you.  I hope everything works out for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding at GR in October, and they haven't said a word to me about this. So are all of the tent sides now permanent, or just one?
  • Options
    kellygrochmalkellygrochmal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah i would absolutely be pretty pissd off about that. im so sorry to hear that.
  • Options
    VTPiPhiVTVTPiPhiVT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    pwr2sparky- every side is permenant now none of them open up if it's nice outside...so opposite of what you saw when you went there...it's still clear but they don't go up or come off...so it's completely inclosed now.  They probably won't tell you until your last appointment with them...so I would call or make a point to go over there....that way you aren't taken by surprise like I was! Let me know how it goes...I am hoping if enough people cause a stink they will allow for them to be taken off because they CAN come off, they are just saying they won't take them off anymore, but they are able to come on and off
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's ridiculous that they WON'T take the sides off at the client's request.  Were you given a reason for this?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    apparently they won't take them down because they don't want the sides getting ripped while being put back up and down....but that's their problem...their staff should be taught how to do it and they should be responsible for knowing how to put them up and down....they completely sold the venue as an outdoor tent and now it's not that at all...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That sucks! I am booking them for 5/2010, but the sides were down when we toured, and we were fine with that. If its a rainy day (which is a big concern for me in early May), then I was pleased that we wouldn't need to worry about "blowing rain"...also, I liked the fact that there should be no bug issues, either...And if its a crazy hot/unseasonably cool day, the sides would make it more comfy for my guests... But I do understand how you feel, as you were shown and expected one thing, and you are actually getting something else not to your liking. I would persist in asking again. It's in their best interest to have a satisfied customer. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am glad you saw what you are hopefully going to get.  I just want to warn you to get everything in writing.  The owner has been awful to deal with and a complete jerk.  he told my mom if he wanted he could paint all the walls pink and everyone would have to deal with it.  Just an FYI...be careful
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG - Really? We are waiting for the contract to come for us to sign any day now. Thank you so much for the heads up. I will make sure that we read all of the fine print and ask all questions and have it all spelled out in the contract. So sorry that you had that bad experience, but glad that you're sharing it in hopes of help others. I really hate stories of bad service, but FI has already decided that he doesn't want to look anymore - the logistics of Grey Rock work well for our guests...but still. I will make sure to stay on top of things...hope your honeymoon was much better :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards