Military Brides

This board is in a coma lately

What are you all up to?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: This board is in a coma lately

• Tell me about it.  

I saw a home mortgage specalist person (I forget what her title really is,  but she's a financial advisor for first time home owners,) and she said H and I are in good shape to go forward with trying to buy a home! HAPPY DANCE! I called a lender today, but because of the holiday, I would guess that I will not be hearing from him until tomorrow. I am so happy that my past didn't ruin our future! LOL! 

Has Hike had her baby yet?
  • I can't believe how dead it has been lately. I have been pretty busy at work lately, but it has slowed down for a little bit today. Just been living life, pretty normal. We finally got some cooler weather this weekend, which made it feel more like fall than the summer temps we have been having. I have been a terrible bride and just now got the thank you cards written. Etiquette says that I have a year to write them, but I still feel terrible. My goal is to get the addressed/mailed out by the end of the week.
    Photobucket
  • DH came home from the Stan about a month ago. We spent 2 weeks in CA to get him situated. We went to the beach and Disney. We have been in PA 2 weeks now. Yesterday we went to the Steelers game. I've just been trying to spend as much time with him as possible with him when I'm not at work. We're not sure where he will be location wise in the next 6 months so we will be living apart for at least a few more months. I also got another tattoo and have 2 more planned for before DH leaves.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_this-board-is-in-a-coma-lately?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:807c9e8f-f59b-416b-b213-458ec7e6801aPost:fd7e996f-26e2-4037-a0e1-e1a48cb70070">Re:This board is in a coma lately</a>:
    [QUOTE]DH came home from the Stan about a month ago. We spent 2 weeks in CA to get him situated. We went to the beach and Disney. We have been in PA 2 weeks now. Yesterday we went to the Steelers game. I've just been trying to spend as much time with him as possible with him when I'm not at work. We're not sure where he will be location wise in the next 6 months so we will be living apart for at least a few more months. I also got another tattoo and have 2 more planned for before DH leaves.
    Posted by Sammy0709[/QUOTE]
    Sammy, I've been meaning to tell you, I really like your hair. Are you still growing it out? I saw a picture on pinterest that reminded me of you. It's a "how to grow your hair out" thingie. It shows different styles for different stages of your hair growth. 
  • In Response to Re:This board is in a coma lately:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:This board is in a coma lately:DH came home from the Stan about a month ago. We spent 2 weeks in CA to get him situated. We went to the beach and Disney. We have been in PA 2 weeks now. Yesterday we went to the Steelers game. I've just been trying to spend as much time with him as possible with him when I'm not at work. We're not sure where he will be location wise in the next 6 months so we will be living apart for at least a few more months. I also got another tattoo and have 2 more planned for before DH leaves.Posted by Sammy0709Sammy, I've been meaning to tell you, I really like your hair. Are you still growing it out? I saw a picture on pinterest that reminded me of you. It's a "how to grow your hair out" thingie. It shows different styles for different stages of your hair growth.nbsp; Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

I am still working on it. I've started wearing bows to dress it up a bit. I think I've seen that on pinterest. It kind of helped me see where I'm at.
  • I'm hanging on the GBCN boards, and my bookmark to here was deleted, so I always forget to stop by!
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Hike has not had her baby yet, but literally any day.  Fingers crossed and good Knottie vibes for an easy and healthy labor & delivery!!!

We're waiting on H's orders still.  He passed the bar, swears in tomorrow.  Whoop whoop!  We'll be moving somewhere the end of this month or beginning of next - we're hopeful he'll get stationed at the base close by so I can keep my job for a bit longer and save some money, but otherwise we'll be moving somewhere on the East Coast for the next 5 months, then to Virginia in April for 6 months of training for him, and then who knows where again.  Going to be a crazy rocky road!

Throw into that the fact that my sweet H has gone baby-crazy and is really pushing to start trying to get pregnant soon.  So we'll see!

Anniversary

• Cal- that's so cute that your H is baby crazy! FI was peeking on my pinterest and saw this funny "we're pregnant" picture and was talking about doing that whenever we get around to wanting kids. I thought it was cute that he's even thinking that far XD

Congrats to your FI on passing the bar and getting sworn in! That's gotta be pretty freaking exciting! :)

Also, Congrats to CAB on being able to get a new home!!! :)                              
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_this-board-is-in-a-coma-lately?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:807c9e8f-f59b-416b-b213-458ec7e6801aPost:ab19fec3-a87e-46e0-b053-d1e7ccf9c676">Re:This board is in a coma lately</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't believe how dead it has been lately. I have been pretty busy at work lately, but it has slowed down for a little bit today. Just been living life, pretty normal.<strong> We finally got some cooler weather this weekend, which made it feel more like fall than the summer temps we have been having</strong>. I have been a terrible bride and just now got the thank you cards written. Etiquette says that I have a year to write them, but I still feel terrible. My goal is to get the addressed/mailed out by the end of the week.
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

OMG, I got so sick from the drastic weather change! I wish Texas weather would make up it's mind already and of course San Antone has been getting terrible weed pollen levels so my allergies are killing me...I'm just a sad sack of bones right now. DX
  • I'm getting married in 25 days. Holy crap. I also have been in a haze for the last few days because I've caught a wicked sinus infection. Less than ideal. I'm trying to deep clean the house this week so that when I leave to go back to MS (I'm leaving here next Monday and will be there through the wedding). I'm also trying to get the little pieces of stuff together so that I don't have a ton to do. 

FI just volunteered for his first deployment, and if all goes to plan he'll be gone next fall. I'm apprehensive, but I also know that it's better for his career to both volunteer for it and that since this deployment would be in his own field that it looks good. The upshot is that we're pretty much starting TTC now and hoping we get lucky. Not that I think 30 is old, but if we waited until he got back it'd set things back considerably, so we're going to get a move on it. 
  • It doesn't help that the knotting from my phone means I get logged out every time I end the safari. WAy to suck TK

Oh and Hi!! I just got home from an amazing weekend in Buffalo. We had a surprise 60th bday party for my mom. It was a great time. She loved it and had a blast. Now i'm exhausted, and sick. Thanks flying and crappy Buffalo weather!

H is gone right now but should be back in a few weeks, but as soon as he gets back, I'm going back to buffalo, but then we have the ball so that should be fun. 

Basically I've been doing nothing but working. My coworker is leaving so my job is gonna suck for the next few months. I'm already scheduling assessments out until the end of November. 
  • Man, sounds like everyone is sick! like Zelda the weather change did a number on my body. and I am living off of cold meds hoping it doesn't turn into a sinus infection.

On the bright side, I am convinced that DayQuil/NyQuil is the best drug on earth. 

Photobucket
  • I've been hanging out on GBCN too. I guess that means I've become a Nestie? But it stays pretty slow over there too.

Since the old knot days ;) I stopped working at the Jail and I am now a Government Contractor and work on base. Its PT and I love it because it gives me a ton of flexibility. H has been traveling the world and I've been keeping myself busy with lots of projects. I've been doing a lot of training with our Dog, became a Key Spouse for H's squad, and hanging out with friends. I've been throwing around the idea of starting a blog. (Not a Military blog just a DIY/Craft/Random thoughts or the like).
    I want the COOOOOKIE!
    Credit to Awkward Family Pet Photos
    http://tiny.cc/kpfcdw
  • Second doctor's visit in a week...this weather is killing me! Make up your mind already! Are you fall or summer? or maybe fammer? Regardless, I wish I'd get better already :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards