June 2014 Weddings
Options

A little heads up

This was a vent that got out of hand in my mind that should have never gotten posted on here. I just wanted to let people know to be open when posting on here and realize you won't always hear the good only and to not let it get to you like it got to me. Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes, that was not my intentions. Well wishes on future posts and remember, it's your wedding so at the end of the day make the decision that will make you, your FI, and family happy!

Editted: wrongly worded
Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours. - The Immortal Beloved Letters, Ludwig van Beethoven Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: A little heads up

• Options
    I think I know who you are talking about and IMO I like them.  They are honest and some of them probably did some of the stuff that they bash and that's why they bash it.  I know one instance someone was doing a potluck reception... I would be shocked if I ever got invited to a potluck reception.  It's just not something I think is acceptable especially since so many people travel.  I tend to agree with some of the stuff they say and sometimes they do come off a little rude.  But I'm sure that's how they are in person.  I say the same stuff here that I would say to my friends.

My advice: just brush it off.  You'll never meet them and like you said if you really want something then no one is going to stop you.  I may end up doing a cash bar because that's what my mom wants and she's got the purse.
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_a-little-heads-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:822ef625-30e2-44fb-9342-ec8705090bf1Post:85494660-e0e3-4ead-ad22-9e9401dea1cb">A little heads up</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't want to step on anyone's toes first and foremost, but a warning must be given, at least IMO. I've been to many of the boards and read many questions. There are some common users that are just downright rude. I understand that posting for the whole world to comment on is putting yourself out there for ridicule, but sometimes it just gets a little out of hand. I've had very helpful advice and then not so helpful and my feelings hurt. Please, don't let this happen to you. I understand there is ediquette and there is rules and traditions when it comes to weddings, but lets face it.. its 2012, not the 1800's anymore. If you really feel like you want a certain aspect in your wedding then do so. It's your wedding! I don't get it, but it seems to be the same group in every thread. I understand wanting to give advice to the soon to be's, but come on.. don't you have better things to do than bash on brides two years after your wedding about things you probably did yourself. Anyways, I just wanna wish you all happy posting and hope you don't have to deal with that unruly crowd. Sometimes it needs to be said, but most of the time it's just not needed at all. Sorry for the vent, but it's just been crawling under my skin!
    Posted by MrsBradshaw2014[/QUOTE]

I think maybe I missed something...When you post on these boards (a public internet forum) you are going to get a lot of different opinions. Take it as you hear it. If you don't agree with then let it go in one ear and out the other. I don't really know what board/post/poster you are referring to so I don't know if the information you received/saw is correct or not etiquette wise...

ETA1: Also OP, posts like this don't go over well. Anyone can see this. Whoever ruffled your feathers can see it as well. I would like to warn you of that. It is mentioned in the Rules sticky. Posts like this only cause trouble and that is not something that I want to happen on this board. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings but crap like this irks me. We are adults here let's all behave that way. If the people you are bashing gets wind of this, they will come here and bash you.

ETA2: Since you missed this... *Taken from the New?Read First! sticky*
    "3. Don't bash other boards. I've seen that backfire. *A girl on another month board bashed the E-board. A lurker on her month board started a thread on the E-board about it which then in turn led to a board war where the E-board posters called the girl out on her post If you feel it needful to bash another board, please understand the consequences.
    4. These boards are visible to anyone on the internet. Anyone lurking on TK can see them even if they don't have an account. "
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_a-little-heads-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:822ef625-30e2-44fb-9342-ec8705090bf1Post:6c4fc4a9-4609-46de-9b04-464aebffd17f">Re: A little heads up</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to A little heads up : I think maybe I missed something...When you post on these boards (a public internet forum) you are going to get a lot of different opinions. Take it as you hear it. If you don't agree with then let it go in one ear and out the other. I don't really know what board/post/poster you are referring to so I don't know if the information you received/saw is correct or not etiquette wise... ETA1: Also OP, posts like this don't go over well. Anyone can see this. Whoever ruffled your feathers can see it as well. I would like to warn you of that. It is mentioned in the Rules sticky. Posts like this only cause trouble and that is not something that I want to happen on this board. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings but crap like this irks me. We are adults here let's all behave that way. If the people you are bashing gets wind of this, they will come here and bash you. ETA2: Since you missed this... *Taken from the New?Read First! sticky* "3. Don't bash other boards. I've seen that backfire. *A girl on another month board bashed the E-board. A lurker on her month board started a thread on the E-board about it which then in turn led to a board war where the E-board posters called the girl out on her post If you feel it needful to bash another board, please understand the consequences. 4. These boards are visible to anyone on the internet. Anyone lurking on TK can see them even if they don't have an account. "
    Posted by SugarFoote[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I didn't want to post this to cause problems, just warn others about the good and the bad they can recieve when posting on here. I should have calmed down some after reading some posts that got me worked up before I posted on here. I just don't want brides to feel like they can't have the wedding they want. I understand, some times people just do way too much and it needs to be brought to their attention, but I just feel for the ones that don't truly know the right and wrongs and get throughly bashed. Sorry if I caused a ruckus, that's not my intentions at all.

</div>
    Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours. - The Immortal Beloved Letters, Ludwig van Beethoven Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_a-little-heads-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:822ef625-30e2-44fb-9342-ec8705090bf1Post:e6a716bb-59f2-46ab-b964-64aa8f732c44">Re: A little heads up</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A little heads up : I didn't want to post this to cause problems, just warn others about the good and the bad they can recieve when posting on here. I should have calmed down some after reading some posts that got me worked up before I posted on here. I just don't want brides to feel like they can't have the wedding they want. I understand, some times people just do way too much and it needs to be brought to their attention, but I just feel for the ones that don't truly know the right and wrongs and get throughly bashed. Sorry if I caused a ruckus, that's not my intentions at all.
    Posted by MrsBradshaw2014[/QUOTE]

I understand that you may not have meant it the way you sounded. To me, it sounded as if you were whining because someone disagreed with you. I have already warned everyone posting on this board about the issue in the sticky. Perhaps you weren't whining. If that is the case, forgive me for being harsh. I do not want a board war over here and that very well could have happened.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I think the main thing sugar and I were trying to say is don't let it get to you and be careful about what you post because this board isn't exclusive.  Anyone can go through your post history and see what you have been posting and where if they really want to. :D Sugar is just looking out for us like a good Moderator should. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_a-little-heads-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:822ef625-30e2-44fb-9342-ec8705090bf1Post:1ce018a8-b23c-480c-a2f7-a4e5b82960aa">Re: A little heads up</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the main thing sugar and I were trying to say is don't let it get to you and be careful about what you post because this board isn't exclusive. Anyone can go through your post history and see what you have been posting and where if they really want to. <strong>:D Sugar is just looking out for us like a good Moderator should.</strong>
    Posted by joe&cassie[/QUOTE]

Awwww! I'm flattered...::<em>They love me! *sniffle sniffle* They really love me!::
    </em>
    Speaking of post history...You can change that to private so no one can view it.
    My Knot />Settings
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lol well you are doing a good job. You got this board active!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards