Ohio-Cincinnati

Small wedding venues

Could anyone suggest nice venues for a small wedding. I'm talking like 50-60 people tops. I want something nice and not too large for such a small wedding.

Re: Small wedding venues

• edited December 2011
    Do you mean reception venue, or ceremony venue?Do you have an area of town you'd like to have it in?  What about budget?That info can help us give better suggestions.
  • edited December 2011
    It would be great if it were both ceremony and reception site but I guess I'm looking mainly for a reception site that would be nice for a smaller wedding. As far as budget I am trying to stay around seven thousand but I'm willing to go up to ten thousand but that is for the whole wedding so I don't know how much of that should go to the venue.
  • mindiosumindiosu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your budget and style preference would be helpful, but both the Contemporary Atr Center and Cincinnati Museum Center have a couple of options, smaller spaces among them. Krohn Conservatory is a unique space too that holds smaller crowds.  Also check some of your favorite restaurants. For example, Montgomery Inn Boathouse and The Wine Cellar host private events.I am definitely more knowledgeable on downtown/city space as I rarely get to the 'burbs, but those would be some places to look into.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the River View Room in the Embassy Suites Rivercenter (Covington).  It's the perfect size room for a small wedding, and it can seat up to 100 if the inevitable happens and you end up inviting more people that you were planning.  With that size wedding, every guest will have a window seat for dinner with a view of the city.  The prices are great too.  It's all-inclusive with no hidden costs.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Taft Museum was gorgeous but only holds about 100 so i couldnt use them
  • edited December 2011
    I thought about Taft. Something in the city would really be great because that would be central for all my guest. I'm thinking I want to have like a cocktail reception to help save money but now I keep reading about how those add up too.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto pp's suggestion about looking into your favorite restaurants.  For instance, you can book a room at the Boathouse for just a couple hundred bucks and then the meal selections are about $30 pp.  I also think some of the popular all-in-one reception sites (Receptions, the Madison) could work without being too big.  Most have smaller rooms and could also do your ceremony.  You might also try Six Acres bed and breakfast, Wiedemann Hill Mansion, or the Carnegie Arts Center.
  • edited December 2011
    Six Acres bed and breakfast looks too cute online. Has anyone ever been to a wedding there or gotten married there?
  • NGFUNKYNGFUNKY member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're planning to do a cocktail reception for about 50 and that does add up since we're not trying to skim on appetizers or drinks. We looked at several places and decided on the Art Museum in Eden Park. Perks - beautiful area and reasonable pricing during off-season (we're doing March). Downside - need to use their caterer and they run pretty pricey. Other venues we looked into - Music Hall (Cricket Hall), Contemporary Art Center (Board Room or front lobby), Ault Park (or any Cincinnati Park), Observatory Center, Carnegie Center, Krohn's Conservatory. All are pretty pricey for rental and most require their preferred caterers. Observatory Center does allow you to bring your own caterer though. We also looked at restaurants, but decided for a cocktail reception atmosphere that we would go with a more unique venue. Good luck searching!
  • stosha1stosha1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Moonlight Gardens in Cinci? It's small and intimate and perfect for small guest list.
  • Dani3679Dani3679 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should page or search for Kessieblue, she had her wedding at Six Acres and I think she had some pictures in her bio.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding was only 60 people.  I held the ceremony and reception at the manor house in Mason, Ohio and it was fabulous.  With smaller guest list, you get to pick neat appetizers and things like that.  I had sushi :).
  • edited December 2011
    Wildflower,How much was rental/food for your 60 guests at Manor House?That looks like a very beautiful place for a wedding reception.
  • HolliWouldHolliWould member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Snider House in Mason is nice, and inexpensive. You'd have to bring in your own people, but you could easily stay in budget there- they fit 100.  50-60 should be comfortable.  Nice old house....
  • dsena111dsena111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried the zoo?  I am having my rehersal dinner there, and it was pretty reasonable (I'm not sure how much since my in laws are taking care of it)  We are having about 60 ppl at the rehersal.  If you're interested, give them a call and ask for Jennifer in group sales!  that's who we went through.
  • edited December 2011
    We attended a weddng at Hyde Park Observatory and it was the perfect size for about 50 guests.  It was both wedding and reception. 
  • edited December 2011
    Ok I checked out Six Acres BB and it looked nice but I'm not sure that it is for me. Anyone have information about the Observatory?
  • edited December 2011
    My friend did a wedding and reception of about 60 people at the Taft and it was fabulous! As opposed to doing dinner she had 6-7 appatizers set up buffet style around the dance floor and had servers pass amongst the guest. There was plenty of food and no one seemed starving at the end. Apps can be as simple or eleborate as you want, so that can determine how much you spend. The nice thing about the Taft is the location for photographs is fab!
    snowbaby-1 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm way late on this, but I thought I'd mention it in case you're still checking on this thread. The Phoenix has a really beautiful room on the first floor that seems about the right size for you. I think it's where their restaurant used to be. I'm using the Archway Ballroom on the second floor for my 100-120 person wedding. I think it could work for 50-60 too, but the food and beverage minimum on that room might be too high for a smaller guest count. Never hurts to ask though, they might ignore the minimum.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards