Military Brides

missing him

My Fi is gone for training for about 16 weeks just feeling a little sad today yesterday was our anniversary : ( thought you girls relate.
Sarah BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: missing him

• edited December 2011
    Wow... That stinks.. Sorry to hear that. I know mine is no comparison, but FI was gone to Reserve Drill for our anniversary last year.
  • aprilrose975aprilrose975 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry for you that sucks.  My FI just got back from his 16 weeks of training.  He missed my birthday and our anniversary.  I'm glad to have him home.  I just kept telling myself.  Yeah it is 16 weeks but it is 16 weeks in the US and not overseas.  It could be so much longer and so much worse.    Are you able to take a long weekend to go see him.  I did that and it helped alot.  It gave us both something to look forward to. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the post it helps to hear that other people went through or are going through the same thing.
  • edited December 2011
    The only time I can go see him is once this fall but I'm not sure when that is yet most likely sometime in early Nov.
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry that really stinks. I can relate because Fi has been deployed since March. I keep telling myself that it won't be to much longer until he comes home later this fall.
  • MrsWilson0611MrsWilson0611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI has been deployed since we got engaged in June.  I'm praying that he will make it home for our anniversary (Nov. 1st) because I know how hard it would be to get through that day without him.  Just remember, "Every day without you is one day closer to being with you forever" ... that always makes me feel better!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks MrsWillson I think that quote will help me out a lot!
  • edited December 2011
    I can definitely relate. FI and I have been apart for nine weeks (so far) - he PCS'ed to Miami, FL from Kodiak, AK at the end of June, then got sent TDY to training at Camp Lejeune, NC at the end of July. He gets done at the end of this month, and I'll hopefully be moving out there around the same time, so I'm really excited. Missing your man is definitely NOT easy, but modern day communications (email, text, IM) have made it a lot easier on us. I considered getting webcams back when we didn't know for sure if I'd be moving out there, but we found out a few weeks ago that I will get to move out there, so I figured I'd save the $200 for our wedding instead. :)
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • edited December 2011
    FI is currently overseas on a remote tour and we've been apart for the last 1.5 years -- seven months without having seen each other at all. We missed both of our birthdays, holidays, and anniversaries along the way, but we found ways to celebrate them apart from each other. I'm with him now and then we'll be separated again for two more months before he returns. It's tough, but I just told myself to stay strong for him if not for me because it makes your guy feel bad enough knowing that he has to leave you in the first place. There's no need to make it worse for either one of you by moping around (trust me, I did it for months! lol). 16 weeks will be over before ya know it and it's good practice right? Skype and the internet help a lot! You may run into this kind of thing a lot. I'm surprised I made it through the seven months but it really did fly by after I got used to things. I learned to look to friends and family more. I feel now that we're stronger than ever and can pretty much handle anything thrown at us. Communication and problem solving skills grow stronger and you learn a lot about yourself in the process too, IMO. Absence (but not too frequently!) really does make the heart grow fonder. Feel better, and keep yourself busy! Time will fly! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls for all the support! I just got my first letter today which made me feel a lot better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards