Massachusetts-Boston

Friday Five

1.  What is your favorite classic movie?

2.  What extracurricular activities did you do while at school?

3.  If you could relive a year in your life, what age would it be, and why?

4.  Would you rather go to a large party or a small dinner party?

5.  Plans for the (long) weekend?

TGIF!

Re: Friday Five

• edited December 2011
    Newsies without question.  Some people don't know it, but it's a classic in my eyes.

I played soccer my whole life. I wasn't always good lol but I always played on a team since I was 5 all throughout high school.

Last year was wonderful with our wedding so that would be a must. And also 2005 which was amazing because that is the summer I met my H and had the best year partying with friends, living life and being comfortable in my own skin..it was fabulous. (and ps. Meaghan, tots stol "H" from you, I like it better than DH).

A dinner party sounds fabulous.  I have a bigger group of friends so every weekend there is always at least 8-10 people over and it's wonderful. One of the many reasons I love owning a house because my friends are always there!

Don't have tons of plans. Plan to have a nice dinner at home to celebrate V-day as we don't have really any extra money to spend so it will be low key.  But I want to get our office and all wedding leftovers organized and plan to have friends over all weekend and just relax. Possibly spin up my Margaritaville...is it 5:00 yet? 
  • edited December 2011
    I am going to have to say Dirty Dancing... I love that movie and have to watch it whenever it is on tv!

2.  What extracurricular activities did you do while at school? I was big into musicals and plays, I was also a Culinary Major in HS so I did a lot of extracurricular stuff with that

Really any year that my dad was still alive would be good just so I could spend more time with him

4.  Would you rather go to a large party or a small dinner party? Small dinner party. I like it when I can chat with everyone! lol

5.  Plans for the (long) weekend? my friends and I have an annual president weekend trip to NH. No cell phone reception, great company and lots of adult beverages! It is one of my fav times of year!

I hope everyone has a great long weekend and all you teachers out there have a great school vacation week too!!!!
    Married September 25,2010
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Vendor Reviews
  • edited December 2011
    1.  What is your favorite classic movie? hm... cinderella maybe. i'm not a big movie watcher.

2.  What extracurricular activities did you do while at school? ski team, cheerleading, soccer. I loved playing sports

3.  If you could relive a year in your life, what age would it be, and why? 2007. FI and I graduated from college, we lived together and we we're doing this whole long distance thing. 2010 has been pretty good too...we got engage in January.

4.  Would you rather go to a large party or a small dinner party? small dinner party, i like to talk to people in smaller settings

5.  Plans for the (long) weekend? look at and maybe book a venue, brunch saturday and sunday (my fave meal) and just spending an extra day with FI. I'm so excited.
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Breakfast at Tiffany's

I used to horseback ride and cross-country ski. 

2009 with my wedding, of course!  After that, 2005 as it was the summer I lived on Nantucket and pretty much didn't have a care in the world.

Definitely a dinner party as I love to cook.

Tomorrow we have to go to DH's neice's 2nd birthday party.  Sunday will be all about us :-)  A nice dinner and yummy wine.
  • edited December 2011
    1.  What is your favorite classic movie? I'm not a fan of classic movies... Maybe "Lady & the Tramp"?? :) That's about as classic as i get

2.  What extracurricular activities did you do while at school? I was a cheerleader

3.  If you could relive a year in your life, what age would it be, and why? Hmm... Sophmore year in college - We had things all figured out by then but were still just having a blast with our freedom and the fabulous parties

4.  Would you rather go to a large party or a small dinner party? Now, small dinner party. Can't believe I'm saying that :) I used to be a huge partier.... Those days are behind me

5.  Plans for the (long) weekend? Tonight we're seeing the Vday movie. Tomorrow is dinner with a bunch of couples. Then Sunday brunch at the 4 seasons just us to for Vday!! Not a long weekend for us unfortunately
  • edited December 2011
    1. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

2. When I was in elementary school I did karate & dance - High school I did theatre for one year and the rest was basically Band - I was a total Band Geek!

3. Senior year of high school - I was so naive! I wish I could go back to that - I was still at an age that I thought I would be friends with my HS friends FOREVER

4. Small dinner party - I like to be able to talk to everyone - I can't wait till FI and I get a house - I'm going to have dinner parties ALL. THE.TIME

5. Nothing too big - Meeting with a friend tomorrow to discuss flowers - Going to Washington Sq Tavern with FI - Rock climbing on Sunday -
  • edited December 2011
    1.  It's a tie between My Fair Lady and Cabaret
    2.  Musical theater (which explains #1, I guess)
    3.  23 was a good age - I'd just moved in with FI, I had a great job, and I felt more like an adult then I ever had before
    4.  Small dinner party, every time
    5.  Celebrating FFIL's birthday tomorrow, cooking Valentine's dinner for FI on Sunday, and meeting a DJ on Monday
  • Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Can't pick just one....Casablanca, anything Hitchcock or starring Audrey Hepburn, and I love old musicals. 

Wind ensemble, jazz band, chamber singers, show choir, madrigals, marching band, and drama club. I played softball up until freshman year when I jammed my knee. I also dabbled in the literary magazine. 

In college I mostly focused on the theatre guild, choir and chapel choir. We didn't have a band :(

Not sure, every year has it's ups and downs, and some of the great ups coincided with downs....If I ultimately had to choose, it would be 2008. H and I moved in together, got engaged, and my niece was born. It was a pretty awesome year in general.

Small dinner with great friends, family, food and wine. 

H is working tonight, so girls night with Chinese food and wine! Getting my new SS card and opening an account at a new bank in the morning (take that, BofA!), and having a quiet, romantic night in with H on Sunday. And I have Monday off! Woo!
  • edited December 2011
    1.  What is your favorite classic movie? Much to the chagrin of our best buddy who works in movie production, I'm not much of a movie person. I like Disney movies :-)

2.  What extracurricular activities did you do while at school? I skied all the time---oh to be care-free and skiing on weekdays!

3.  If you could relive a year in your life, what age would it be, and why? 2007. One of my last years of college, living on my own in JP, skiing every weekend in VT with friends, and met my husband that summer. It was a good year. Also I was 20 pounds skinnier. Le Sigh.

4.  Would you rather go to a large party or a small dinner party? We host dinner parties every weekend! But that said, if I could go to a big party somewhere, on someone else's dollar, with dinner and dancing and I could wear a fancy dress, I would totally go. :-)

5.  Plans for the (long) weekend? Tonight staying in, cooking, watching the Opening Ceremonies. Tomorrow, house hunting and dinner out with friends. Sunday, fancy surprise dinner out with hubby, and Monday I play Wii until I drop! :-) DH is working so I get the house to myself.
  • edited December 2011
    1.  What is your favorite classic movie? do I really have to pick one? ugggh... um Wizard of Oz/Gone with the Wind/Singing in the Rain/My Fair Lady/ Ben Hur/ To KIll a Mockingbird/ African Queen/Chinatown.... ok I will stop now, I already know I cheated ;)

2.  What extracurricular activities did you do while at school? I was VP of my Student Government, Orientation Committee Coordinator, wrote for the paper and was a retreat leader. I was a huge nerd :)

3.  If you could relive a year in your life, what age would it be, and why? the year after i graduated college. i spent the summer working on the cape (glorious!) was dating mike, was starting yale and living on my own... plus this was right before various friends moved away for grad school and work - it was devine!

4.  Would you rather go to a large party or a small dinner party? large party definitely

5.  Plans for the (long) weekend? kui?? haha ok but seriously, lounging, movies, dinner, foxwoods... going to be a good one!

PS- JWatts, I like using H much better too. Except when he is being dumb. Then I use DH ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Breakfast at Tiffany's! I could watch it all day, everyday!

I was actually a figure skater and wasn't too bad haha. I was ranked #13 and then #9 in high school and college in the country :) I also did cheerleading on the side...that was just for fun and for the boys!

I would relive this last year of wedding planning. I would put it on repeat. Despite the troubles with my parents, it has been such a fun ride! I don't want it to end!

Dinner party! I'm a wine and cheese and mingling on the couch girl. I get lost in a crowd!

Well actually...I am on VACATION! Yay for teaching elementary school! My plans for the next 10 days include wedding crafts, spa day, hair cut and lots of gossip mags and chick lit!
  • edited December 2011

Meaghan- it's official.  "H" is in :)  And good luck at Foxwoods!

• edited December 2011
    1.  What is your favorite classic movie?  Sleeping Beauty, I could watch it over and over again

2.  What extracurricular activities did you do while at school?  Marching Band, Orchestra, String Quartet, Winter Percussion, yeah I was a band geek

3.  If you could relive a year in your life, what age would it be, and why?  2007, I turned 25, FI and I moved in together, and it was a fantastic year

4.  Would you rather go to a large party or a small dinner party?  Small dinner party, I love sitting around with friends, having drinks and lots of good food and conversation. 

5.  Plans for the (long) weekend?  Working at the restaurant Sat and Sun night and then having a couples massage and dinner at Maggiano's to celebrate our engagement anniversary on Monday :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    1.  What is your favorite classic movie? The Philadelphia Story

2.  What extracurricular activities did you do while at school? Student government was my big thing.

3.  If you could relive a year in your life, what age would it be, and why? Probably 26 when I met FI.

4.  Would you rather go to a large party or a small dinner party? Small dinner party

5.  Plans for the (long) weekend? Nope. :o)
  • edited December 2011
    1.  What is your favorite classic movie?  Oooo So many.  Anything Audrey, anyting mob related, looove Judy Garland (I'm a total dork)

2.  What extracurricular activities did you do while at school?  Track for a bit, ballet, I was "editor" of the horoscopes section (looked great on my college apps).  In college I was an officer in the Finance and Economics Club, and did part time internships during the year. 

3.  If you could relive a year in your life, what age would it be, and why?  I can honestly say that this has been my best year yet!  So I will say my birth yeat, bc I'm kind of curious how that went. 

4.  Would you rather go to a large party or a small dinner party?  Small dinner party!  I love big parties, but there's nothing like being with your best friends and chatting! 

5.  Plans for the (long) weekend?  Taking the moms dress shopping, going out to Manchester with some friends.
  • megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Define classic...Willy Wonka, Wizard of Oz, Sixteen Candles...I could go on and on (and those are the non-animated ones)

Ugh, seriously that was so long ago, I have my 10 year college reunion coming up, I can hardly remember H.S..

Speaking of college, probably senior year, it was really such a great time with my friends.

Small dinner party for sure.

Wedding related or non?
    Non- Hot yoga (use my Groupon), V-day dinner, usual errands, visit my cousin.
    Wedding- Designing he invites that never seem to get finalized, transportation, preparing for Marriage preparation (we have pre-homework).
  • edited December 2011
    An affair to remember

I worked after school to gain college credit for teaching.

22.  I broke up w/my firs fiance of 4 years and I did everything I never got to do and I learned how to love myself when he didn't.

Small dinner party with good friends.

I don't have a long weekend.  FI's Dad had a quadruple bypass this morning.  So we'll be visiting him and spending time with his son.
  • edited December 2011
    Has to be Casablanca

Mostly drama and academic... SING, all of the plays, we the people competition, mock trial and moot court.

Since I'm only 27 I haven't had too many years under my belt but I guess 25 was pretty darn good.

Small dinner party for sure

NYC (home) to visit my dad, bm dress shopping with a visit from nyc friends on wednesday and then seeing my sister, niece and her hubby next weekend... yay vacation!
  • edited December 2011

Gone with the Wind, Robin Hood (original), Peter Pan (movie but the play version) 

HS: co-founder and co-president of amnesty international, VP of chorus, choral spectrum (a cappella group), president of intergenerational club, national honor society and I was extremely involved both on stage and off at a local community theatre

College: philanthropy chair for my sorority, student orientation advisor, treasurer of the theta alpha kappa honor society, student union for planning concerts the beginning of college, madrigal group the first half of college, and I waitressed 

basically - I need to keep busy and like to schedule away free time

hmmm ever year had some up and downs and for the most part I loved high school and the second half of college - but I would probably have to say my junior year in college

small dinner party for sure

not tooo many - my grandmother's health suddenly took a turn for the worse this past week so I was debating flying back to Boston this weekend but probably will hold off a bit - only other plans are doing something active like biking or hiking, potentially beach on Sunday, and a couples massage in there somewhere
  • edited December 2011
    1.  What is your favorite classic movie? Dirty Dancing...I love it!

2.  What extracurricular activities did you do while at school? high school: varsity football cheerleading 4 seasons, 1 season varsity bball cheerleading, and danced competitively from 9-18.  In college, I danced/choreographed for a student run dance program, and I was in a sorority

3.  If you could relive a year in your life, what age would it be, and why? My senior year of college....I grew up a lot that year.  It's also the year one of my good friends passed away, so I would have made it a point to spend more time with him.

4.  Would you rather go to a large party or a small dinner party?  large party....i love to have fun!

5.  Plans for the (long) weekend? bar review all weekend!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards