New Hampshire
Options

muscians for ceremony? flute or violin or guitar?

We were thinking of maybe having some live music for the ceremony in Nashua- as people are being seated and the entrance and exit of th bridal party. This will be less than an hours time.  The room isn't big so I don't think they even would need a mic
I have seen a few groups on line but they are easily several hundred dollars and seem like they are offering way more than we need. Maybe I'm just too cheap? I didn't think it would cost me over $275 for music.
Any suggestions? I don't even really need someone whos been doing it 30 years. Even someone whos new but still good is ok with me.

Re: muscians for ceremony? flute or violin or guitar?

• Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Don Sanni, (Nashua).  He is a trained classical guitarist.  We booked him through gigmasters.com.  He's charging us $300 to play before and during the ceremony, (he'll play for about 20 minutes before it starts...then processional, one song in ceremony, and then recessional).  His price includes travel to Jaffrey, (an hour away), so he might do it cheaper for a ceremony in Nashua.  He has a website if you want to check him out (with samples of his music).  He'll also give you a "no obligation" quote online at gigmasters.com.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used George Parker.  He is wonderfully talented and very nice to work with! His pricing was super reasonable and I would hire him again in an instant! I know other brides who have hired him and have been very happy with his services as well. 
    His website is http://www.georgeonguitar.com/
    Send me a PM if you would like any more info on him!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards