Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Weekend Projet: Interactive Photo Wall

This weekend my parents came out to help us finish refinishing our hardwood stairs and do some other wedding projects.  My dad brought a piece of luan plywood (pretty thin, maybe 1/4"), which we cut down to 4' x 5.5'.  We then measured out and cut the holes for the frames, wallpapered the plywood, and screwed in the frames.  My dad built the legs for the wall by having two long, flat sticks that go on either side of the plywood and pinch together, holding the plywood between them.  This makes the height of the wall adjustable.  I took pictures and couldn't wait to post, because it's coming along so nicely.  All I have to do now is print old family photos and stick them on with the IKEA frame stickers.  Unfortunately, I forgot to email the pictures to myself.  DOH!  So, you all have to wait until tonight to see the project.This is what I'm going for:

Re: Weekend Projet: Interactive Photo Wall

• edited December 2011
    Evil teaser! When I saw that, I was so excited to read your post. Can't wait to see the photo wall, Heather! I'm jealous!
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heehee.  I totally just blue ball posted myself.  I was so excited to knot about it.  FI has the camera with him at work today, but he said he can't send the photos unless he's at a coffeeshop.  So MAYBE I might get them over lunch, but I doubt it.  This is by far the project I'm most psyched about.  I want to SHARE!snarf snarf
  • edited December 2011
    It's too bad your wedding and my wedding are on the same day. I would TOTALLY buy this from you and would pay good money! Or rent it. :( Can't wait to see it. I'm too lazy to attempt this. :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It wasn't too hard to make.  I'd be happy to give whatever instructions you need.  I bet you could do it for under $100, depending on what props you wanted to go with it.  We did a lot of shopping at Good Will for hats and things like that.  The frames and wall paper were from good will, too. For anyone else out there (veijes), I do plan on selling the wall after the wedding, provided it doesn't look like crap when I'm done.  :)
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm.... 1.) Way to tease, jerk. 2.) I'm glad its coming along welland C.) I may consider buying this from you too! Mostly because I like playing dress-up, and I still have no clue what to do for favors...I have a feeling this thing is gonna make some serious rounds in MN, lol.
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where did you get this idea?!  Love it!!
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • megsticks31megsticks31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!  What an awesome idea, can't wait to see photos!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw this picture in Modern Bride a few months ago.  After digging and digging and digging (because "interactive photo wall" turns up a bunch of articles on touch screen technology), I finally found the pictures posted at http://sparkliatti.com/. After describing it to my dad, he knew exactly how he was going to make the frame part of it.  I'd be happy to help show anyone else how to make one. I did take pictures at different steps in the process, so I'll try to write up good instructions in my bio this week.Maybe I should think about renting it out instead of selling it if there's this much interest.  ;) 
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohh yes, renting is good!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm almost scared to post pictures now.  The pressure of having a fabulous wall is too great!
  • edited December 2011
    Post it! Post it! Post it! (in chanting sound)No pressure from your knotty friends!
  • ChelsiLynnChelsiLynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  I mostly just lurk here but that caught my attention and now I'm jealous!  Can't wait to see how it turns out and this looks like an awesome alternative to a spendy photobooth!
  • edited December 2011
    Heather, Can I get directions!?Don't worry, my wedding is way over in the middle of South Dakota! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards