Flowers
Options

Rose Bouquet

Hi Ladies,I'm pretty new to the postings so I hope you can help me out!I love the idea of my bouquet being all roses (magenta), and I like when they are in a really big, tight ball.  My florist suggested that we do 3 dozen roses (no filler, no greens), and hand tying the stems.My question is - has anyone else had a bouquet of this size, and if so, was it too heavy?I love the idea of it being big but I'm concerned it will be too big?Thanks in advance!

Re: Rose Bouquet

• Options
    edited December 2011
    [IMG]http://i29.tinypic.com/dgqivd.jpg[/IMG]i did it myself and it was 28-30 roses. not heavy at all. if its too big it may look odd in pictures. make sure you have her make one before you decide.GL :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    cadam049cadam049 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its won't be too heavy if you have First Lady Michelle Obama's arms. Three dozen is way, way too much. No one should have more than a dozen and a half, two dozen at the most. Plus one thing you should consider is who is holding the bouquet during the ceremony, especially if the person has to hold your bouquet and their own at the same time. Also, you probably won't be able to hold it with one hand, it would be too wide. That might be a problem, for example, if someone is walking you down the aisle and holding their arm, or if you have a big dress and need one hand free to manuever the dress around.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In response to PP- Umm, did you look at the pic Grace posted? That's over 2 dozen. Her siggy pic CLEARLY shows her holding it with one hand and her skirt with the other.... I think it'll be fine. A little heavier than other bouquets, but they're ROSES, not pipe wrenches. Your arm won't fall off lol!
    Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mine will have 36 roses as well in the tight ball shape.  I was MOH for a friend that had about 24-30 and it was nothing that I couldn't handle as well as my 12 rose bouquet. 
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think 3 dozen is a little much, unless they are small roses. If you are a plus sized or tall girl, then 3 dozen would be doable. It's not like they would be so heavy you can't lift them, but will be like carrying a heavy purse around in your hands, without being able to throw it over your shoulder, lol. And the stems start to get pretty fat, which is a little bulky to hold, and starts to look ugly. If you are a tiny, petite thing, then go for about 2 dozen roses.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what i forgot to mention is i didnt use the stems. i cut the flowers and put them into a bouquet holder then i tied the stems around the handle to create the illusion. it wasnt heavy for me or my MOH.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using 36 roses and its not to heavy or too big. PIB under DIY flowers.
    KRHagen November 2009
  • Options
    flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    2-3 doz roses are the norm.Just depends on a lot of things...size of bokay,size of flower heads.how open the flower heads are and the size of the bride.Trust your florist,she has more experience than the great majority of people on here. I myself have done hundreds of them,they do weigh more than the average bokay...but it is nothing to be concerned about. Just my opinion..........
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards