New Jersey

POLL: Cars

DH is considering getting a new car - he has NO idea what he will really end up with and is just browsing now, so...if you don't mind sharing and sorry if its too personal 1. What year/make/model car do you drive? 2. Do you lease or own? 3. Why do you love it/hate it? 4. Cost?

Re: POLL: Cars

• edited December 2011
    to answer my own 1. '05 Acura TSX 2. Own 3. Love it because its practical, sporty and drives incredibly 4. Bought it used it was like $17K
  • edited December 2011
    1. What year/make/model car do you drive? '03 Honda Accord2. Do you lease or own? Own3. Why do you love it/hate it? Love it cause it rides smooth, it's roomy, and Hondas last forever.4. Cost? a little over $18K before tax
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    1. What year/make/model car do you drive? 2009 CR-V2. Do you lease or own? Financing3. Why do you love it/hate it? Love it because it is practical, drives nice and will come in handy when we have our first child4. Cost? It was around $27,000
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2007 Chrysler Sebring Coupe Own but  paying for it... LOVE IT because it rides and looks like an expensive car!  I also like that I did my part and tried to help the economy by buying American I got a fully loaded one when it was a left over.  Paid about 20K for it.  GREAT DEAL
  • edited December 2011
    1. What year/make/model car do you drive? 99 Acrua CL2. Do you lease or own? own3. Why do you love it/hate it?  Love, it's smooth, last forever, and made really well4. Cost?way to long ago to rememberDH:1. What year/make/model car do you drive? 09 Honda CRV2. Do you lease or own? Lease3. Why do you love it/hate it? Love, it's smooth, roomy, looks great, is made really well4. Cost? Ummmm dang if I remember
  • kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Car1. What year/make/model car do you drive? 2008 Ford Fusion2. Do you lease or own? Lease3. Why do you love it/hate it? Don't love it and don't hate it either.  4. Cost? $236.18MH drives1. What year/make/model car do you drive? 2007 Honda Pilot2. Do you lease or own? Own3. Why do you love it/hate it? We love it.  It is an awsome SUV and handles like a car and the ride is awesome.   4. Cost? $420
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • MyeMye
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. '09 Nissan Altima 2. Own. 3. It has big back seat for the baby seats, it drives nicely, its roomy, i like it....I prefer SUV's but i just needed to buy something 4. I got it in the cash for clunckers program, plus other incentives, I got a really good deal, about 19K
  • dmoney79dmoney79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What year/make/model car do you drive?  '01 hyundai santa fe- named her lupe2. Do you lease or own?  own- paid off years ago3. Why do you love it/hate it? - love it b/c it was my first new car and i've had her for 8 years...and she's held up pretty good...4. Cost?  bought new...probably one of the first purchased, there were no others on the lot...and it was a while before i saw another on the road...i think i paid about $20k? i don't exactly remember...i do know i got $200 for my '89 tempo i traded ini'll answer for fi's car too1. What year/make/model car do you drive? '06 (or '07 not sure) honda element- red2. Do you lease or own?  owns3. Why do you love it/hate it?  -loves it! its soo roomy in the back, good for our bikes when we go bike riding, the seats fold up in the back to fit a lot, fit every single one our shower presents in it....great for taking his kayak....and it's a honda, already lasting longer than his old jetta4. Cost?  bought it new...not sure how much, prob around $20-$23k? i'm bad at that sort of thing
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    1. Mazda3, 20052. Own3. Hatchback so plenty of room for larger stuff, without the fuel inefficiency of an SUV... Plus its got the zoom-zoom!To be honest though, if we didn't already have DH's gas guzzler in the family, I would have wanted an SUV.  I figure I need to compensate!4. Bought it '07 years ago for $15k.
  • edited December 2011
    *bought IN '07, sorry
  • dominoe611dominoe611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. 2009 Honda Accord 2. Lease 3. It drives great, gets good gas mileage, is very roomy (both front and back seats) and its reliable.  I originally wanted an SUV but couldn't justify the expense since we are saving for a house.  I only use it for driving to the train and weekend errands. 4. its fully loaded so around $300/mo
  • edited December 2011
    1. What year/make/model car do you drive? Mazda3 20052. Do you lease or own? Own it3. Why do you love it/hate it? Love it. Great on gas! Got it used in 2006? I think... 4. Cost? 240 a month. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    1. What year/make/model car do you drive? 09 Acura TL2. Do you lease or own? lease3. Why do you love it/hate it?  Love it, I traded in my 05 for the new one.  Wasn't too crazy about the new design at first, but had such a great experience with my last one.  I got another.4. Cost? 40 ishDH1. What year/make/model car do you drive? 07 Jeep Commander2. Do you lease or own? owns3. Why do you love it/hate it? It's a tank, I love driving it.  It's comfy, I always tell him it's like driving a couch.4. Cost? 40ish
  • BeckyG1975BeckyG1975 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What year/make/model car do you drive? 2009 Volvo S802. Do you lease or own? Own3. Why do you love it/hate it? This is my second Volvo, I absolutley love everything about it.  Plus they are the safest cars.4. Cost? 42,000
  • edited December 2011
    Me:1. What year/make/model car do you drive? 2000 Toyota Corolla2. Do you lease or own? Own3. Why do you love it/hate it? It's hella reliable -- I've had to do *very* little i the way of repairs in 120,000 miles or so. Plus it gets good gas mileage. And it's purple =) (... but subtly so)4. Cost? I bought it for a little over $10,000 in 2002 (it was 2 years old and had 24,000 miles)FI: 1. What year/make/model car do you drive? 2007 Toyota Corolla SE 2. Do you lease or own? Own, but financing 3. Why do you love it/hate it? Again, reliable, good gas mileage. Plus, his is the "sports" model so it's really cute and sporty and a nice red. 4. Cost? He bought it earlier this year (about 2 years old) ... it cost maybe $12,000 or so? I don't remember exactly
  • edited December 2011
    Whoa, does that look all broken up to everyone else too?? Sorry ... don't know what happened.
  • edited December 2011
    I have an old toyota carolla with 180K plus miles on it I own it I love that I dont have a car payment every month cost???  I think it was $13K new
  • edited December 2011
    1. '09 Acrua RDX2. Own3. love it because it's really cute and rides well and should last forever. It's really small for an SUV too, which I love but if you need a lot of trunk space, def not the ideal car to have.
  • edited December 2011
    1. What year/make/model car do you drive?  2003 Honda Accord EX Coupe2. Do you lease or own? Own3. Why do you love it/hate it? Love it b/c it takes my abuse4. Cost? 14k
  • Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What year/make/model car do you drive? VW Jetta 20082. Do you lease or own? Lease 3. Why do you love it/hate it? Love it! I had an OLD family volvo but couldn't afford a new or pre-owned one so the jetta felt most similar to me when I was test driving.4. Cost? ~$300 a month I drive A LOT so I paid for my extra miles up front.
  • edited December 2011
    1. What year/make/model car do you drive? 09 Scion XB2. Do you lease or own? OWN3. Why do you love it/hate it? I love it so much!  Its fuel efficient and all the seats fold down..  Its like an SUV in a "wagon" car form.  Perfect for when we want to start a family.  The only thing is the FI's great dane don't fit well in it. 4. Cost? Hmmm I believe I spent 17k.
  • edited December 2011
    1. What year/make/model car do you drive?  99/Honda/Civic EV2. Do you lease or own? Own3. Why do you love it/hate it?  It was a great first car to have but am now ready to graduate! 4. Cost? We bought it for $10k flat in 2002.
  • edited December 2011
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Own, we purchased it out of our lease b/c we were over the alotted miles. LOVE IT! I will never buy a car/SUV that doesn't have AWD ever again! Around $22k new, but the regular Imprezas are around $15k and the newest models (08 & newer) are larger, more like a new Civic.
  • edited December 2011
    What year/make/model car do you drive? '09 Toyota Corolla LEDo you lease or own? OwnWhy do you love it/hate it?  Love it because it is so much smoother than my old car, should be very reliable, and it had everything I was looking for Cost? about $17k
    image 219 Invited image 149 Attending image 68 Declined image 2 Haven't Replied
    RSVP Date July 7
    My Bio updated 5/31/10
  • alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i only bought one car, right after college, a 2003 honda civic LX 2-door.  it was like $14500.  i loved that thing.  drove wonderfully for what it was.  had to sell 11 months after bc i got my current job, where i get a company car, and haven't purchased since.  i have "owned" 2 jeep libertys (loved the look but not the drive except in snow), a dodge interpid (hated), a dodge charger (loved the v6 ride) an impala (great pickup), ford taurus x (great drive, but ugly, great for moving things), a nissan sentra for a bit (piece ofshit) and an explorer (suvs that large are completly unnecessary).  DH bought a infiniti g35 in 2006 for some disgusting amount of money, sold when we bought our house.  that was my favorite drive ever.  before that he had two acuras, both great drives as well, currently drives a mazda 6 which is awful, and is likely buying a pre-owned audi a or s4 next year when lease is up.  his family is big on bmws, the 3s, but they are so expensive.  to me, anything without all-wheel drive is_crap.  that is the make/break point.  and good pickup and handling, will never drive a 4 cyc.
  • Heater020780Heater020780 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What year/make/model car do you drive? 2009 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Addition 2. Do you lease or own? Lease 3. Why do you love it/hate it? I love it.....this is my 3rd jetta.  they are so reliable and the wolfsburg has alot of pepp4. Cost? $300 per mo
  • edited December 2011
    1.  2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart 2.  Own, almost own.  I have 10 payments left.  Woo hoo!!! 3.  Normally I love it.  Its super speedy but it sucks in the snow.  It has low profile tires and I think in the winter I should have snow tires instead.  4.  20K or 22K
  • edited December 2011
    1. What year/make/model car do you drive? 2009 Honda Accord EX-L2. Do you lease or own? Lease3. Why do you love it/hate it? I love Hondas in general it is the only make i have ever had (got my license when i was 25)4. Cost? about 300 a month

~Declare it..Claim it..It will be!!~
    imageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickersimage
    5/9/09: Plans, Pics, F/S 11/10/10: BFP Chart Baby Ds Stuff & Coupons!! WTH has Obama done so far!?
  • edited December 2011
    It seems as though everyone on here drives a very practical car...for some reason I was expecting an overflow of BMW's, Mercedes and Audi's that are all for looks...I told DH to keep what he has now its super reliable I think he just wants something with more 'curb appeal'... he has a 06 nissan altima S We just bought out the lease I personally love it - its so easy to drive and since I have a manual and his is automatic its a nice switch up when I feel like being a lazy driver.. thanks for all the feedback (Seabass he really wants the Acura RDX bc his mom had one and it saved her life in an accident so now he swears its the safest car out there)
  • vanessapodunkvanessapodunk member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My list is comical. Between me and Fi we have... 1. What year/make/model car do you drive? 1990 Toyota Celica 2. Do you lease or own? Own  3. Why do you love it/hate it? Love it, its the car I primarily drive4. Cost? FREE given to us by friends :)1. What year/make/model car do you drive? 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipe  2. Do you lease or own? Own 3. Why do you love it/hate it? I love it, but it needs some work 4. Cost? $500 bought from same friends who gave us the other car (they love us)1. What year/make/model car do you drive? 1988 dodge ram pickup 2. Do you lease or own? Own 3. Why do you love it/hate it? Love it! 4. Cost? $1100 and it only has 35k miles on it. Best car we have! 1. What year/make/model car do you drive? 79 Fiat Spider 2. Do you lease or own? Own 3. Why do you love it/hate it? Love it. I restored it 8 years ago with my best friend.  4. Cost? $500, prob put $3000 into it.I know this doesnt help, but I have enough cars to open up my own junk yard
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards