Florida-West Coast

Question of the Day- Tuesday

We've all had our ups and downs with wedding planning...

What was your favorite part?
What was your least favorite part?

For me I think everything with my dress (finding it, ordering it, fittings) has been my favorite.
My least favorite was definitely the guestlist.  We went back and forth with Brian's parents so many times.  They just didn't get that we didn't want to invite all of their friends.
TTC #1 since 09/10
Me: 32 DH: 34
5/17/11 SA- count 38 mil, low motility, traces of white blood cells (2 weeks antibiotics)
6/16/11 SA- count 23 mil, low motility, referred to urologist
dx varicocele
DH ultrasound
6/27/11 SA- count 101 mil, 36% motility, 5% morphology
IUI #1 50 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 7/27/11 & 7/28/11 = BFN
IUI #2 100 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 8/25/11 & 8/26/11= BFN
IVF #1(Ganirelix, Follistim, Menopur) ER 11/16/11,ET 11/21/11= BFP 11/29
P/SAIF Welcome
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Question of the Day- Tuesday

• edited December 2011
    My favorite part was the catering and cake tasting! Mmmm!

My least favorite part has been struggling over money. My dad is unemployed so he is not able to pay for ALL of the wedding, and FFIL has not offered any help (and he has an awesome job) besides the rehearsal dinner. So FI and I are paying about half and it's stressful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

120 invited image 57 are coming! image 11 can't make it image 52 are taking their time replying image RSVP Date October 8th

• edited December 2011
    The best part...um....so far it hasn't been too fun! I won't sugar coat it. It's been pretty stressful since we have different tastes. I will say that shopping for jewlery and collecting brooches for my bouquet has been fun in an interestingi way. The worst part, of course, is just money. I mean... it's hard to agree on what certain things should cost.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The best part for me has been all the craftiness of everything that I've done.  I feel like I've gained a lot of skills.

The least favorite thing has been all the fights that have arisen from planning a wedding with FI.  He wants to have all the opinions and do none of the work which is frustrating.  He's gotten a lot better as it's come along.  We were up until 2am last night finishing our programs.  It made me happy that he didn't give up at midnight and kept going until we were done.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Favorite part of planning: laughing with my FI at all the goofy wedding stuff out there and then mutually figuring out what we want to do instead

Least favorite part: working tons of overtime to pay for it all :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NicoleB331NicoleB331 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My favorite part has been picking my look for the wedding day with the dress, hair, makeup, shoes and bridal bouquet. My least favorite part has been the amount of time that a wedding takes to plan everything. FI and I used to love to do projects around the house and go camping. It feels like the only thing we have time for is wedding stuff and we barely have enough time for all that.
    Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination.-Voltaire image
  • edited December 2011
     I had alot of favorites but definetly the dresses and taste testing my least favorite hmmm would be having to wait for our day so we can start trying for our family and not being able to wear my new beautiful ring lol ohhh worrying about one of the brides maid dress not fitting...my sister had to make a new one for her and yesterday she tried it on and it FIT!!! My sister is awesome!! she made that dress in just under a week!!
  • edited December 2011
    My favorite part so far (just engaged) is just looking at all the ideas out there!! There is so much neat stuff...

My least favorite part has been $$. My Dad is very successful so I though this would be a piece of cake. Unfortunately he thought my wedding of 80 people she cost them same as their wedding, 3k. LOL Since then I have done my research, showed him it, and come up with a workable budget. But I think it will be stressful down to the last day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards