Massachusetts-Boston

Rants/Raves... The Chateau?

FMIL is currently planning our welcome dinner in the Westborough area. She likes The Chateau best and after everything she's showed us it seems like the most reasonable, optimal place.Anyone have any experience with The Chateau? I know they have several locations but I assume they are all fairly similar. We are thinking around 80-90 people will be invited to the welcome dinner but that many hopefully won't come  :)TIA!

Re: Rants/Raves... The Chateau?

• edited December 2011
    I cant speak for ALL chateaus....but my wedding reception was at the chauteau in norton and I LOVED IT!! guests are still raving about the food and the place HTH Good Luck
  • edited December 2011
    LOVE it!  I go to the Westboro one, it's great!
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to the one in Westboro and I really liked it:-) It took me forever to order cause they had so much to offer. Good Pick on FMILs behalf
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info ladies! It's good to know that you all love it because it has gotten some TERRIBLE reviews online... it made me super nervous about the food and I love love love italian food. We'll probably check it out in a few weekends but its good to know that its loved by you guys!
  • Brads GirlBrads Girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the toasted ravioli is the best!!!! I dont have one super close to me, so whenever I am in the Waltham area, I always stop in.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I really like it.  I have been to the Norton and Westborough ones and also Nocera's in Stoughton (owned by the same people).  Agree with pp the toasted ravioli's are delish.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • spizlett410spizlett410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have eaten at the one in Waltham and Norton (and am having my wedding shower there).  I think it is a great place.  A family friend had a wedding reception at the one in Norton and had a great experience.  My co-worker also had her bridal shower there and said it was good.  Hope that helps!
  • clunetobeclunetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our RD was at the one in Norwood.  It was great.  We eat at the one in Westborough often (since we live in Marlborough) and have not one bad thing to say about the place, service , staff or food.
  • backbaybridebackbaybride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to the one in Andover, and I went to the one in Waltham when I was at Bentley allll the time.  I think it's a good choice :)
  • edited December 2011
    Love, love LOVE the Chateau.  We have had smaller family functions at the Chateau as well as going for dinner many times.  It is excellent....some of the waitstaff in Andover leave a little to be desired (we had a horrible server when we were there last weekend), but the people who worked our functions were phenomenal.  ANd yes, the toasted rav is TO DIE FOR!! I would definitely recommend it :)
  • umasskdomeumasskdome member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to the Chateau in Westborough for a work bridal party - the food was great! One other option for italian in Westborough is Il Forno. It is one of our favorites since it is BYOB!! Saves a ton on the bill when you can bring your own wine. Just thought I'd mention it in case you are interested in other options.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks again ladies... wow FMIL really did find a great place! She looked at Il Forno and with timing and numbers it just didn't work out... but thanks for the rec!
  • edited December 2011
    love love love the chateau!  i work in westboro and live in natick, so we go there quite a bit - great service and atmosphere, and food of course!  we also had our rehearsal dinner at the one in waltham and they were so accomodating, reasonable, and the food was amazing - we were able to offere 3 choices which everyone was very happy with.  gl!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards