Georgia-Savannah

Wedding Photography..How much is too much or too little?

Here's the deal: My fiance and I have decided on two weddings, in effort to save money. The first wedding will take place this year on May 11 in Savannah. We are simply going to the courthouse to get our liscense, then going to have a 5 min ceremony in one of the squares. I was going to find either a local photographer or a student photographer to take photos for us, however a good photographer friend of mine insisted on doing my photographer to make sure I had good images and he said he'd work out something with me, as we are trying to not spend a lot of money. He and I have decided that he would be working an entire wedding day, 10am - 8pm -ish on the day of our wedding. He will take photos are the courthouse and at the wedding, then at dinner afterwards. His normal rate is $200/hr. Because of our relationship, we have decided on all of that for $850. I would also pay for 1 night at a hotel, if he decides to stay, and his food for the day. He said he would give me all of the images that he is taking and he will also provide a link so that others can download images after the wedding. He is also going to touch them up and all. My fiance doesn't understand the value of good photography, so of course he thinks its too much. That's a good price, right? Oh..he is also driving down from Atlanta for the day to take the photos...that's still not a lot, right?

Re: Wedding Photography..How much is too much or too little?

• That's at least half priced, if not more. Great deal.
  • edited March 2012
    That's a pretty good price...most of the photographers I've found in the area are at least $1,800 and up...You could also save money by putting him up in one of the midtown hotels instead of downtown.
  • Hi justbwoods, currently im also looking for a wedding photographer for our elopement wedding on April 17 in Savannah and it will probably be a 2-hour coverage the most incuding before and after ceremony pics. Does your photographer friend have any link that I can check out?
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards