Latino Weddings

Guayaberas

Hey ladies! My FI wants him and his groomsmen to wear guayaberas in the wedding, which I think is awesome. It's in keeping with tradition, especially since his father wore one when he got married. My only concern is: do the guys wear boutonnieres (sp?) with guayaberas? Would that look out of place? He's planning on having the guys wear these neckerchief things instead of ties, too.I'm just curious, since I'm getting ready to put a deposit in on the flowers and am unsure on whether I should order bouts or not.
25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
my currently-reading shelf:
Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
Photobucket
"Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
**FOR SALE NOW**

Re: Guayaberas

• drod58drod58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think either way will look good.  I found this picture with a boutonniere. http://www.elcolombiano.com/BancoMedios/Imagenes/1776313.jpg
  • ivelissedivelissed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would do it without the boutonnieres.  I think you can do it either way, but like it doesn't match in my mind... but that's just me.  Try to find some pics of someone who's done it before and see how it looks like.
  • ingrid95ingrid95 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI and groomsmen are wearing long sleeve guayaberas and I'm pretty certain they are going to wear boutonnieres.  I agree with the PP though that you should look at pics.  We're getting the guayaberas from http://www.amor-y-vida.com/ If you click on "customer gallery" you'll see lots of pics.Ingrid
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ingrid! I really like that website. I forwarded the info to my FI. He's going to wear black pants, and solid black Converse Chuck Taylors LOL (his choice, and since it makes him happy, I'm not gonna argue with him). I think I like the look of the shirt w/o the boutonniere.
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • ingrid95ingrid95 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cool, glad I could help!  I think I prefer the guys not to have bouts. because in most pics, I think they seem to be out of place, but I'll see.  I got a demo shirt from the vendor today for my FI and I'm going to see how it looks w/ and w/o a bout.
  • nicoleabrocknicoleabrock member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote for boutonnieres!  I think it dresses it up a bit.  But do some practice runs with the FI and take pics to see if it looks ok.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • edited December 2011
    How about gardenias as boutonnieres?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'd love gardenias, however, I had them in my first wedding and don't want to have a repeat this time around. My wedding flowers are black & white anemones, white sweet peas, white ranunculus, and white roses. I talked it over with my FI and since the guys are going to have a more casual feel to their outfits, then boutonnieres aren't an issue. We'll just put that $$ to better use on something else.
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards