Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Anyone doing pie?

My FI is more partial to pie than cake, so I was thinking of doing a normal wedding cake and pies instead of a groom's cake. Has anyone else done pie? The only thing is, I have no idea how many people would prefer to eat cake over pie and vice versa, so I'm not really sure how much of each I should order.

Re: Anyone doing pie?

• edited December 2011
    I think pie is a great choice!  I've been to a wedding where tarts were served, and pies aren't far from that.  Delicious!There's no way to know the exact split of your guest's choice so overlap some to cover.  Let's say for 100 people have 60 pie slices and 60 cake slices.  Both freeze well, so you won't go wrong either way.  Just plan to have freezer space available.  Best wishes!
  • edited December 2011
    I have been to weddings that have done cheesecakes and pie
  • edited December 2011
    I'll probably be doing the same thing, for the same reason :)
  • edited December 2011
    not pie, but close: we're doing cheesecake for FI's cake. we're getting 5 different kinds of cheesecake so people have options.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • rlyttlerlyttle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing cheesecake. Looking at it, you would never know that it's not regular cake. It's four square tiers. It's going to be so pretty. The grooms cake is regular cake though. I say have whatever you guys like. We don't really like cake, so it only made sence to us!! Good luck!!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards