Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Photographer HELP!!!

My wedding is in June and I am stressing about my photographer. I hired someone who I was VERY excited about at a bridal show. When I got home I found terrible reviews about him. I decided to give him a chance and then things got weird. Long story short...I cancelled him. Now I am looking for someone and am so confused. I went to the bridal show today at the Roosevelt and I really thought I would find someone there but I wasn't super impressed with any of them. It's hard to judge someone based on their website because of course they are going to have good things on their website. My first experience with my photographer has me really stressed about something like that happening again. Can anyone give me information or reviews on Zoeica and Marc Pagani? Any other recommendations? I know this topic comes up often but I'm really trying to make the right decision. I definitely want someone who takes photojournalistic style pictures and who gives A LOT of pictures. I would LOVE to use Julia Bailey but she's out of my budget. Thanks for any help in advance!

Re: Photographer HELP!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can relate. I stressed about a photographer for months. Please take any photographer recommendations on this board with a grain of salt. A lot of photographers like to get on here as fake brides to promote themselves. I've been reading this board for a long time and can see through it now. Some photographers have their friends get on here to gloat about them. It is sickening. You'll also notice a lot of posts that say, "have you heard of so and so", and I believe it's also a way for new photographers to get you to their websites without having to pay for advertising. With that said jut be careful and don't take everything on this board seriously without doing your own research. Ask the girls around here who have had their weddings if you can see their online proofs. That is the best way to judge. We decided on our photographer by seeing a few full weddings and bridals that girls have posted here. Some girls also make a married profile and show a lot of photos too! We are using Matt Foster. He's just talented. He's also super laid back and just a nice guy. If you dig in the archives on this board you'll see a lot of real weddings you can look at by happy clients. I can't wait until I'm able to share what Matt has done for us. Good luck!
  • Options
    arhatcharhatch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm with saintsgurl. We are also using Matt. We've only had our epics done but his work is amazing. He's very talented and very reasonably prices. Sorry I can't give you any info about the specific photogs you are asking about. I'd be happy to share our epics with you if you'd like to see them.
  • Options
    ashleymveeashleymvee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Sam Gregory for our March 09 wedding.  His pictures are absolutely amazing and we are BEYOND pleased with our pictures.  He is very friendly and any questions or concerns you may have, he is very quick to respond.  Here is the link to our photos if interested  http://samgregoryphotography.exposuremanager.com/g/ashley_jessePassword is VogelSorry you had such a bad experience and good luck with finding a photographer!! 
  • Options
    teri543teri543 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know what you are going through.  I booked a photographer based on recommendations from my venue before I found this website and found out that there were tons of brilliant photojournalistic photographers.  I decided it was not worth it to take a chance on my wedding photos.  So, I also cancelled my original photographer.  I ended up booking Steve Randon who is located in Mandeville, but he definitely does weddings in New Orleans.  I am so happy about my new photographer!!
  • Options
    lous22lous22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer is celeste marshall.  Her work is just beautiful...if you google her you can find her site.  Her prices are pretty reasonable, and so far she has been really nice, down to earth, and professional.  My wedding is still a couple of months away, but I'm really looking forward to seeing my pictures.  I know they'll be beautiful! She captures moments as they happen....not too many cheesy, posed pics.  Hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in November and using Zoieca Images.  I have not had any pictures done yet, but Chris has been very easy to work with so far and the samples he sent me were great.  I too found the process to be very overwhelming given the number of photographers and the fact many of them book very early on.  I recommend contacting the photographers and seeing if they have any examples of recent weddings they have done at your venue.  I agree, websites don't always give you the full picture since naturally, they are going to post their best pictures. 
  • Options
    meganfauermeganfauer member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married May 30 and I used Studio Tran. Corine Tran did my wedding and we were thrilled with her and her work. Our pictures are amazing and really capture the setting of New Orleans, which I wanted. I would be happy to share with you my proofs so you can see her work. Their website is www.studiotran.com. I was an out of town bride and did the majority of my research online and I think you can tell alot by their website so really look closely at the creativity and quality of a website as well as recs from people and I know that you will find someone good. The ladies on this board are really helpful and I know that you will get some great ideas so you can narrow it down. Best of luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lfenascilfenasci member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too cancelled my first photog after a "not so hot" bridal formals experience w/him...so we found MQ Photography, Melissa Quijano, and loved loved loved working with her, such a  blessing!  Not sure she'll be available, but worth trying...email me if you would like to see pics :)lfenasci@barrassousdin.comGL!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Iam using Robert Faust. I ve only seen his photos in person and cant wait to see how our pics will come out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Call Amanda Meyer...she is really awesome! :)www.amandameyerphoto.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Beebe Tran from Studio Tran. Loved him and the pictures!
  • Options
    sedaiglesedaigle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Sam Gregory.  He was so great to work with and we love our pictures.
  • Options
    jamielisacjamielisac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Sandra O'Claire with Eau Claire Photographics.  She came highly recommended on this board.
  • Options
    tullieptulliep member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Sandra O'Claire for my wedding and she did a wonderful job!  No time limits with her.  She's there as long as you want her there!
  • Options
    AnneMargaretAnneMargaret member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Bonnie with A Moment in Time. www.amoment-in-time.com. She's in the middle of redoing the website, so there aren't a whole lot of photos up right now. We're getting two photographers, a lot of pictures, 8 hours of coverage, and its very affordable. I haven't had any of my pictures done yet, but she did my sister's wedding a few years ago and did a good job. She's also pretty flexible, and since I booked her biggest package (which includes bridal session) I got half off on the engagement session. I think that she's already booked for the first two weekends in June though. Good luck!! Hope everything works out!
  • Options
    ebilli1ebilli1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The absolute best way to find a photographer is make your short list (narrowing down by who is available for your date), and email each of them asking for access to see a couple's recent wedding proofs. They will be more than happy to do so, some photographers even gave me links to multiple recent wedding pics. From that, you can tell exactly what their style is and how good their work comes out because you're seeing every picture they took for the night - no edits. Personally, the decision was very clear after that! I was shocked at the difference in the pictures that were posted on the websites and an actual entire wedding. I was so happy I had done this, and I think you will be too!
  • Options
    dani_pete11dani_pete11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Marc Pagani...VERY EXCITED! He was named the number 1 Artistic Wedding Photojournalist in the world back in May and his work shows it. He's been super helpful so far and very easy to work with. Hope that helps! Good Luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Meg Baisden, Meg Baisden, Meg Baisden!!  Yes, a bit pricey- but it covers her travel, two photogs all day and she is just the bomb diggity.  She does wedding in NOLA all the time and will do your engagments on a Sunday when she is town for a wedding.  If you get bored and want to check her out you will spend hours pouring over her blog.  We are using her for our March 13th wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards